F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I finally took the plunge and painted my own engine cover to " match " my truck color. Here are some before and after pictures!!! Enjoy!

Attachments

·
Registered
133 Posts
I love it, I have been wanting to do this to mine since the day I picked up my truck, Now after seeing yours I think I'm going to have to. Only thing is my truck is gray so I don't think it's going to come out as cool as the blue. lol.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
All I can say is WOW! That really looks awesome. Great pictures too.
What kind of paint did you use, and what method of application? Also, if you dont mind sharing what paint prep did you do to the cover to make sure the paint would properly adhere?

SPPD

·
Registered
75 Posts
I agree. Looks great. Like others what kind of paint? Is there paint in a can that would work. My truck is gray so not sure what color to use. I wonder if PlastiDip would work.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I agree. Looks great. Like others what kind of paint? Is there paint in a can that would work. My truck is gray so not sure what color to use. I wonder if PlastiDip would work.
I agree it looks great!

I used PlastiDip on mine about 6 months ago and it still looks as good as the day i sprayed it. It's also nice knowing if i get tired of it i can just peel it off. Not the best picture but this is what mine looks like:
WP_000265 (2).jpg

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
All I can say is WOW! That really looks awesome. Great pictures too.
What kind of paint did you use, and what method of application? Also, if you dont mind sharing what paint prep did you do to the cover to make sure the paint would properly adhere?

SPPD
For prep work all I did was wiped everything down with baby wipes, them wipes the little fibers off with a micro fiber towel. Used a Q-tip to clean the edges, and little corners you can't get to. Then I just layer the tape and used a hobby knife to just the extra off. Then just painted away.

·
Registered
49 Posts
So I finally took the plunge and painted my own engine cover to " match " my truck color. Here are some before and after pictures!!! Enjoy!
Dude that is SWEET! What kind of paint did you use? Was the color hard to find?

·
Registered
8 Posts
looks great, plastidip is a awesome product. also, did your tow mirrors come on your truck? and if they didn't where did you get them from?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
looks great, plastidip is a awesome product. also, did your tow mirrors come on your truck? and if they didn't where did you get them from?
Yes the tow mirrors came with the truck. I always get the option of tow mirrors. I pull too often to not have them.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
About this Discussion
46 Replies
25 Participants
kenbasstx
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing