F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So that past couple days I had off I was itching to do somthing to my truck. Well a buddy of mine said we need to paint that chrome around that black grille. And he told me about this place that sells parts and paint and mixes paint. Well they have acrylic enamel that the inject into a aerosol can. Well the guy took my paint code for my dark blue metallic pearl and mixed it up and put it in a can. So off I was to the heated garage piped the grille off took out the insert and scuffed it with a scuff pad and cleaned it will prep cleaner and primed it two coats and then painted it with 4 coats no sanding no nothing just sprayed it. Metallic pops awesome. And all it cost me was $24 for that can of paint. Matches awesome looks like it came factory like that. Because I was not about to buy a fx4 painted grille.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,407 Posts
Looks good. Did you clear coat a final or what?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks good. Did you clear coat a final or what?
Nope it's acrylic enamel has the clear mixed in along with the hardner. So once you buy the can you have to paint whatever it is your going to paint within 24 hrs or the hardner with harden up in the can.

·
Registered
838 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yea I was thinking about just matching them silver because I was thinking about getting rid of the silver at first but now I'm going to just keep it lol but want to get rid of the chrome.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just used a scuff pad alittle and then used a good prep cleaner to get all the wax and crap off of it and then just primed it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts