F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have added Pandora as an app to my S3 but it just sits there "buffering". My original understanding is it works thru Bluetooth but apparently not. Looks like still needs to be attached via usb cable? So what's the benefit over basic Bluetooth? I don't get it.

·
Administrator
9,690 Posts
Are you talking about through Sync? What version?

Android Auto and Apple Car Play only work through a wired connection, but Pandora will work through Sync via Bluetooth. I do it frequently if I don't have my charging cable in the truck. If it's a problem with your phone or your app, I don't think I can help with that.

I can at least verify that Pandora will work on Sync via Bluetooth though.

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
9,690 Posts
Sometimes, I DO have trouble with it "finding the app". Sometimes I have to pull the Pandora app up on my phone and have it running before I search for apps on Sync. I'll admit that's annoying sometimes, but it's only once when I get in the truck, then it runs smoothly.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I'm talking Pandora thru Applink with no cable, not Android Auto or CarPlay.

I have the Pandora tile under Apps screen but when brought it up through that it just was buffering. I tried starting Pandora on my phone based on what mwemqxxowner said and it seemed to work then. I was expecting that I wouldn't need to have it running on my phone in order for it to start - if you do then it's not any more convenient than basic Bluetooth audio imho. So, I did try stopping and quitting Pandora on my phone multiple ways and times and restarting through Applink and it did start Pandora on my phone and I got audio.

·
Administrator
9,690 Posts
You're not SUPPOSED to have to have it running, and sometimes mine will pull up without that step like it should.

But, it seems more often than not, the only way I can even get it to recognize Pandora when I search for compatible apps through Sync is to already have it running or restart the phone.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Sometimes, I DO have trouble with it "finding the app". Sometimes I have to pull the Pandora app up on my phone and have it running before I search for apps on Sync. I'll admit that's annoying sometimes, but it's only once when I get in the truck, then it runs smoothly.

Same here. I just deal with it, small technology issue is not a big deal. If it doesn't you can just select the other option, but you lose functions like changing Pandora station. If hooked up to cable, it always works =.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I feel the same way, it's no big deal. I certainly have bigger things to fret over.

Indeed. All us Carplay and Android auto people have to plug in anyways. Seems like a small deal to me to plug in and always have it work, with a bonus charge put on your phone battery even.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I guess I'm more of a person who expects things I pay for to work as advertised. And when they don't I try to find out why, or what I'm doing wrong. Sure I could just plug/unplug the cord every time I get in/out but the whole idea of the Applink is to prevent that, at least that's the way I see the benefits of it. Whole point of my thread, I guess.

I also could just shrug if the remote start fails then jump in and start the car with the key in the ignition just like the old days...

·
Administrator
9,690 Posts
Starting Pandora on the phone works for me when I don't want to fool with the cable. It wouldn't surprise me if it's an Android issue or software problem on certain phones and not a Sync problem. I don't know.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Starting Pandora on the phone works for me when I don't want to fool with the cable. It wouldn't surprise me if it's an Android issue or software problem on certain phones and not a Sync problem. I don't know.

That also seems to work for me. It still comes and goes but works most of the time. Yes, there's a lot involved to make it all happen so maybe my phone is behind on the technology.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I guess I'm more of a person who expects things I pay for to work as advertised. And when they don't I try to find out why, or what I'm doing wrong. Sure I could just plug/unplug the cord every time I get in/out but the whole idea of the Applink is to prevent that, at least that's the way I see the benefits of it. Whole point of my thread, I guess.

I also could just shrug if the remote start fails then jump in and start the car with the key in the ignition just like the old days...
Could also be the software on your phone, but since you seem content to point the finger wherever you please, being uninformed of what you speak of the entire time, i'll leave you to it.

Good luck in your world, where everyone gets what they pay for every time. Unicorns shoot rainbows out of their asses, everyone is happy, and there's world peace. :rolleyes:

·
Administrator
9,690 Posts
I understand the stance, I really do. I just like to not get my panties in a bunch over small things. To me that's a small issue, especially since there is a simple workaround. Remote start not working would be a larger issue in my eyes, but still minorish.

I hope you get it sorted. I'd begin by making sure everything is up to date. Phone OS, AA app, and Sync 3 unit.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I understand the stance, I really do. I just like to not get my panties in a bunch over small things. To me that's a small issue, especially since there is a simple workaround. Remote start not working would be a larger issue in my eyes, but still minorish.

I hope you get it sorted. I'd begin by making sure everything is up to date. Phone OS, AA app, and Sync 3 unit.

Thanks. Your responses have been helpful.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts