F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Been chasing an intermittent hoot noise that I think has been coming from my drivers side turbo for a while. Lots of testing done and some parts swapped with marginal improvements. Today I may have found a very small hole at the collar area of the tubing feeding the boost pressure to the wastegate and I am very curious if this could at times leak out just enough to cause that wastegate to close prematurely causing what I believe to be compressor surge. Either way, I expect this to be a cheap and fairly simple fix but not having luck finding the actual part number - or a corresponding spec for bulk tubing. Any help would be appreciated. Picture below to demonstrate - sorry for the bad quality. Tear looks to be right in the break of the ink.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
No picture is loaded up.

AFAIK you cannot buy just the WGs from Ford. But I believe you can get a set of Turbosmarts. I went and replaced my WG hoses with fuel line from the auto parts store and I am havine zero issues. It does not look as nice though lol

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
Envious
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing