F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,018 Posts
Agreed. I don't think this initial dabble into F150 Hybridness is about making it more truck, although it technically does.

Instead, it's a swing at fuel efficiency and some marketing hype.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
Agreed. I don't think this initial dabble into F150 Hybridness is about making it more truck, although it technically does.

Instead, it's a swing at fuel efficiency and some marketing hype.

It's at least better than the worthless Ram eTorque system that literally only provides a boost up to like 1200 rpm. All it really does is assist in moving the truck off the line while simultaneously starting the motor to make a smooth start/stop transition.

Reactions: snakebitten

·
Administrator
10,757 Posts
I have a 1524 payload on my '16 2.7. My camper is 5700 dry, 7500 gvwr, usually rolls out around 7,000. Listed hitch weight is 600 or so.

I make it work. I use almost all of that 1524 but it works. If you wind up less than 1500...idk. probably pushing it.

Many folks have gone down the road over payload just fine.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Yep.. the hybrid is there for city MPGs. It helps when cruising around town, and it takes advantage of regenerative braking. And it enables the 7.2KW inverter. It'll do precisely nothing on highway runs - towing or not.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Snakebitten My biggest gripe with ford and mind you, i've been a ford guy all of my life, is they're reluctance to fix a known issue with one of their vehicles, car or truck. Go back to the
torus, the first one's were good and fairly long lived, then with the first redesign they fixed things. First fix was cosmetic and the 2nd. fix was one of the worst ever made with an average
life of 50 to 80k miles.Sad part was the trans could have been fixed with an improved input shaft bearing which ford refused to do.

Nex came the 5.4 truck motor that was famous for blowing out plugs. took them a few yrs. to fix that with the 3 valve heads that you almost couldn't get the plugs out of, had one of
those which I replaced with my ecoboost. To fords credit they finally fixe that, 4yrs. later. Ford has a big reputation alone these lines of really never fixing a known issue until the
problem was finally dropped with the end of that vehicle manufacture run.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I mean, it's not just ford. Let's talk about Chevy's variable displacement system. Dodge's MDS and the infamous Hemi Tick. Sadly, it's everyone.

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
I mean, it's not just ford. Let's talk about Chevy's variable displacement system. Dodge's MDS and the infamous Hemi Tick. Sadly, it's everyone.
Well, except toyota of course. After making the same exact truck for 15 years its probably ok.

Oh wait, no, the valve springs like to break

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Ohh but wait....Kia's trying to put out a truck?
Gather em all up and put them in their proper place-lol
Screenshot_20201117-162846_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20201117-162720_Gallery.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,018 Posts
I doubt many of them are in the hands of people on social media.

There certainly isn't one single owner here.

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
It's bad simply because you're driving a TuRD.

It could be worse. Could be a Ridgeline.
I have a neighbor who has not one, but two Ridgelines.

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
I honestly think I'm going to cancel my order. 1,121lbs of payload. That's bull. I don't understand how no one else is talking about this...
Because the 99% dont even know what payload means.

·
Registered
2013 Ford F150 XLT 3.5 Ecobeast SuperCrew 4X4
1,961 Posts
Ohh but wait....Kia's trying to put out a truck?
Gather em all up and put them in their proper place-lol

Kia/Hundai already make trucks. Have for years. Betcha they could make a good pickup.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
I didn't expect a Lariat with a large heavy battery and other electric motor equipment to have much payload capacity.

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
tyoer.....Ford official specs are out for the 2021 F150 Powerboost with a 145.4" WB / 4X4.... payload rating of 1830#.
That is a respectable number and will definitely get the job done.
You will have a real gem of a truck that will tow like a mule.
Dont cancel the check yet!
Screenshot_20201106-183953_Gallery.jpg

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
That big payload number is a lean-optioned pickup and not the one the OP ordered.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts