F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The dealer recently reflashed my pcm for a recall. Is it possible something could have happened durning the flash to cause the truck not to run right? The dealer says if anything wouldve happened the truck wouldnt run at all. Trying to decide if i should get the reflash done again or if i have different issues. This is on a 2013.

·
Registered
286 Posts
They most likely flashed a new strategy hence why your truck drives different.

That strategy could’ve lowered boost,spark,changed shift strategy,pressure, etc.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They most likely flashed a new strategy hence why your truck drives different.

That strategy could’ve lowered boost,spark,changed shift strategy,pressure, etc.
Im definitely having issues as i said in acouple other threads. My dad has had the same reflash done on his truck and ive checked both our strategies are the same. His runs perfectly where mine seems to now have issues after the flash. Stock or tuned i have the same problem.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have you had the dealership drive it to show them the issue?

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
I have not. Im out of warranty so thats why im here looking for any advice. I called and asked them if they thought maybe the flash couldve caused issues and they said it isnt possible. But it feels to me its the computer or something limiting power

·
Registered
707 Posts
I have no idea what the problem is. There are a lot more knowledgeable guys on this forum. But if it happens at stock and tuned, there has to been an issue somewhere that isn't based off the new transmission TSB. My truck isn't any different than before and I just had the TSB done.

I saw you already did a boost leak test with no significant results. Hopefully someone else will chime in with other options.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I want to tag along for any info here. I don't have issues from the trans TSB reflash. But something feels off since the new PCM and I'm running into undefined TQ limit codes(ETC TQ SRC 18). Wondering if its related to the strategy code??

·
Registered
533 Posts
Also I have strategy KGCQACA or something, I'll have to confirm. I think people with issues from the other thread had a similar code, I'll have to hop back in there to confirm that too

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So far i havent recieved any codes, but clearly something isnt right. It feels exactly like you said with the TQ limit. When the truck reaches a certain point of power, and i try to increase the power by putting my foot further into the pedal, nothing happens. Even when it does downshift to increase speed or power, it is still lacking.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have no idea what the problem is. There are a lot more knowledgeable guys on this forum. But if it happens at stock and tuned, there has to been an issue somewhere that isn't based off the new transmission TSB. My truck isn't any different than before and I just had the TSB done.

I saw you already did a boost leak test with no significant results. Hopefully someone else will chime in with other options.

I wonder if its a possibility at the time it was being flashed, there was a voltage drop that caused something to not load correctly or throw something out of sync, causing the problems.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I would try to datalog and send it to your tuner. You may need to bring it in so they can hook it up to their computer.

You've already tried different tunes which should have made a difference if it was specific to the strategy.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I would try to datalog and send it to your tuner. You may need to bring it in so they can hook it up to their computer.

You've already tried different tunes which should have made a difference if it was specific to the strategy.

Tunes made no difference. I did datalog and nothing was seen out of ordinary. Just hard for me to rule out the reflash being problems began right after it.

·
Registered
533 Posts
So far i havent recieved any codes, but clearly something isnt right. It feels exactly like you said with the TQ limit. When the truck reaches a certain point of power, and i try to increase the power by putting my foot further into the pedal, nothing happens. Even when it does downshift to increase speed or power, it is still lacking.
I'm not getting any lights on the dash or engine codes. When I datalog that parameter I get a code 18 right around 4200 rpm every time. When I look up the code in the LiveLink list there is no definition for a code 18.
I'm getting 50 #/min so its still moving pretty quick. I've questioned the new PCM and strategy code since replacement, but I had so many changes at once at that time its mostly speculation and curiosity.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm not getting any lights on the dash or engine codes. When I datalog that parameter I get a code 18 right around 4200 rpm every time. When I look up the code in the LiveLink list there is no definition for a code 18.
I'm getting 50 #/min so its still moving pretty quick. I've questioned the new PCM and strategy code since replacement, but I had so many changes at once at that time its mostly speculation and curiosity.
Speculation on my part as well. I had the condensation issue right before the flash, but i resolved that problem and the truck felt right until after the flash. Is it possible my problems are a result from the condensation, or the flash i dont know. Ive replaced or tried about everything i can think of with no changes at all. This leads me to believe its in the pcm, but again i dont know. Basically my last effort that i can think of is to have the dealer flash it again and see what happens.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Also I have strategy KGCQACA or something, I'll have to confirm. I think people with issues from the other thread had a similar code, I'll have to hop back in there to confirm that too
Ive actually ran that strategy code on my 11 for a while now. Ive had no problems whatsoever and actually made most of my tunes running smoother.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Without datalogging its hard to say, but when was the last time you did a throttle calibration? Those seem to be symptoms that it needs redone especially since they reflashed it.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Without datalogging its hard to say, but when was the last time you did a throttle calibration? Those seem to be symptoms that it needs redone especially since they reflashed it.
Throttle calibration was done a few days after the flash with no change or improvement

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
As ive said in a few other threads, the thing that is most noticeable is boost. I understand these trucks are torque based and boost is never consistent. But my truck will not build any more then 7lbs unless wot. Doesnt matter the gear, throttle input, speed, etc it will not climb or hold any higher then 7lbs. Wot i see the correct max stock boost of 12 or so. This didnt happen until the new strategy, but my dads truck with the exact same strategy runs perfect.

·
Registered
533 Posts
As ive said in a few other threads, the thing that is most noticeable is boost. I understand these trucks are torque based and boost is never consistent. But my truck will not build any more then 7lbs unless wot. Doesnt matter the gear, throttle input, speed, etc it will not climb or hold any higher then 7lbs. Wot i see the correct max stock boost of 12 or so. This didnt happen until the new strategy, but my dads truck with the exact same strategy runs perfect.
Ya that sounds way off. Been a while since stock tuned but I think I was at least 11-12#, probably 13-14

·
Registered
533 Posts
Ive actually ran that strategy code on my 11 for a while now. Ive had no problems whatsoever and actually made most of my tunes running smoother.
Interesting thanks for the info.

Throttle calibration?? Never heard anybody recommend this? But I'm always skeptical and suspicious about TPS and TB when thinking about my tune and lagginess.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts