F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was scrolling YouTube and ran across this video. On a 2013 fx2 it shows he gained a little over 25 HP and torque from the coils. The coils he sells are $600. Not gonna buy any just wondering if this is legit or magic.

·
Super Moderator
1,733 Posts
My head simply says no. It takes X amount of voltage to light em’ off and not blow out in any given situation. Assuming the coil you are using can meet that demand there isn’t anything to be gained. This said, I’m not the guy to be involved in the great spark plug debate either. They have such a simple job to do.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Do not think so

·
Registered
17 Posts
25 horsepower? Not going to happen, unless you had a bad coil to start with. If you pick up any power at all, you will do so at the sake of reliability. Aftermarket high-voltage coils are crap and have a high failure rate. I have personal experience with Granatelli MS. Save your money.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Not drinking the koolaid. Dyno results are easily manipulated.
Not true, not true, I had my dyno done and then we rolled the windows down and turned off the A/C and they said I gained 43.3hp and 83.2 lb/ft, so it's gotta be true. But we also put a really cool go fast sticker on the window, so that mighta done it. really... :unsure::unsure:

·
Registered
230 Posts
Uh the video was posted 2018 the truck is a 2012, after 6 years of driving just changing the plugs for new will probably add most of the so called performance gain. KM

·
Registered
3 Posts
Uh the video was posted 2018 the truck is a 2012, after 6 years of driving just changing the plugs for new will probably add most of the so called performance gain. KM
All the negative posts are wrong.My 2014 TRemor had 14000 miles when I installed the Granatelli coils. The performance clams are true. My truck feels like its running on nitro

·
Registered
285 Posts
IF the claims were true everyone would be running them with dyno charts to back it up. Even RMB uses factory coils on his built motors as they do the job perfectly fine.

Like others have said with how modern coils are you don't simply pickup 30 hp from a coil change unless the factory ones have degraded

·
Registered
285 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,339 Posts
Like running on nitro.

Makes sense to me. Why all the skepticism?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
Next well be hearing that CAI's make power!

·
Premium Member
5,339 Posts
Next well be hearing that CAI's make power!
But CAI is more like running on meth, rather than nitro. 2 completely different scenarios.

Not sure you should ever mix the two? :)

Sorry for being unusually snarky.
The weather is so good for January and the coffee beans are super fresh. I'm a little outta control

·
Registered
1,757 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Lol you have zero posts and zero proof to back up your claims. Can you blame anyone here for calling your bluff? A factory truck with good condition plugs and coils cannot possibly make more power unless it has been heavily modified and the spark is blowing out or the factory ones are worn out.

If you would like to offer some actual info on how it made your truck seem faster we are all ears, otherwise it just sounds like your drinking koolaid

·
Premium Member
5,339 Posts
I gotta hand it to you for returning to the scene. I was certain it was a drive by, or maybe someone having some fun (satire) with us.

Thumbs up from me!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts