F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was scrolling YouTube and ran across this video. On a 2013 fx2 it shows he gained a little over 25 HP and torque from the coils. The coils he sells are $600. Not gonna buy any just wondering if this is legit or magic.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
My head simply says no. It takes X amount of voltage to light em’ off and not blow out in any given situation. Assuming the coil you are using can meet that demand there isn’t anything to be gained. This said, I’m not the guy to be involved in the great spark plug debate either. They have such a simple job to do.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Do not think so

·
Registered
17 Posts
25 horsepower? Not going to happen, unless you had a bad coil to start with. If you pick up any power at all, you will do so at the sake of reliability. Aftermarket high-voltage coils are crap and have a high failure rate. I have personal experience with Granatelli MS. Save your money.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Not drinking the koolaid. Dyno results are easily manipulated.
Not true, not true, I had my dyno done and then we rolled the windows down and turned off the A/C and they said I gained 43.3hp and 83.2 lb/ft, so it's gotta be true. But we also put a really cool go fast sticker on the window, so that mighta done it. really... :unsure::unsure:

·
Registered
136 Posts
Uh the video was posted 2018 the truck is a 2012, after 6 years of driving just changing the plugs for new will probably add most of the so called performance gain. KM

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
9 Participants
butthead
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing