F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

541 - 560 of 577 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Our lab mix, Truman. We got him from a rescue, they found his mother pregnant. The litter was born on Presidents’ Day so they all received names of presidents and First Lady’s.

Fox & Molly or better known as the “P’s” in our household. We also adopted them from a rescue as kittens.

Then there’s Gunny. The miniature horse my mother purchased for our sons. They are only two and nine months. The oldest loves him to death but he prefers to ride my horse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,718 Posts
Hilarious!

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
306 Posts

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
D182BB50-AB2F-4745-8749-4599EC7F77F4.jpeg
18 weeks old and 48lbs. If he keeps this up he’s going to be a beast. And still trying to get him to stop biting me with those sharp baby teeth. Luckily some are loose.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My buddy Weston. Just cruising through the mtns. 20180919_130806.jpg

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
We said goodbye to Ivan this past Saturday. He was one of those "once in a lifetime" kind of dogs that will never be forgotten.

We kept the kids home from school yesterday and let the day be all about Ivan. They printed pictures of him with them and wrote notes on the back and we put them in his box. There were lots and lots of tears shed, some amazingly powerful prayers from my little ones, and lots of good memories shared while everyone helped with the burial. I dug the hole with my backhoe but we filled everything in by hand. My 9 year old told me wife this morning that she felt it was just the right thing to do, that using the tractor to cover the box wasn't right for Ivan. She was exactly right on that one.

I asked a friend to help me build a box so we could bury Ivan in the back yard. I expected a quick pine box but it turned into 4 days of work - pouring my time and emotion into a final resting place for my beloved dog.

God speed to the greatest dog I've known, Ivan. July 01, 2003 - March 23, 2019.

8-3-03 Picture #02.jpg Ivan_20031107a.jpg IMG_4694.JPG box 1.jpg box 2.jpg

·
Administrator
4,074 Posts
Sorry Chris. :(
But good golly you got almost 16 years with the pooch and that's amazing and pretty cool that every single one of your kids was born with Ivan in their life, for some amount of time.

·
Registered
6,718 Posts
Been listening to a lot of Arron Lewis. Awesome to finally get some new country that ain't that up beat poppy **** that I'm so sick of hearing on the radio.

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Chris I know exactly how you feel. It took me 2 1/2 years to get another dog. I had a 13 year old golden when she passed away. I decided to get another golden. Only problem is I’ve called him my previous dogs name several times. It’s hard to let go. This is him today at 5 months old.

52DE8C3A-DE59-4642-818C-E9DDFC58CDE3.jpeg

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
Yeah Chris, sorry for your loss....
We had a Pug that grew up with my daughter. She would dress her up like a princess with crown and all-lol. Than Cheyenne decided that her Pug was a miniture pony? She made hurtles for Chloe to jump making all the horse get up's etc.., put a make shift bridle on her and everything..
Chloe was the best camping Pug ever...so when she passed my wife bought 2 little shi*s to try and make up for her-didn't work!
You can never replace a longtime friend/pet/family member.
Great memories for you and the family ALWAYS,
PS...we've got a Golden as well.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Thanks for the kind words, guys. It's tough losing a dog but it's worth the years of good memories that come before the loss.

I'll definitely get another dog, quite probably another Golden, but it won't be right away. Mainly because I have young children in the house and it would be absolute hell getting a puppy trained with a 2, 4, 8, 9 and 11 year old undoing all of my training in real time. We won't wait too long though. Kids need a good dog in the house!

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
We're considering a Great Pyrenese or similar shepharding dog to guard our chickens and goats. We have a donkey with them now and she is 100% useless. She has stood by while 23 chickens were taken by coyote and another by a hawk. I don't really expect her to do anything about a hawk but I don't understand why she just stands there and watches while a coyote, somtimes several coyote, circle the pen and jump in to grab a chicken.

This would be an outside dog for the most part, considering the role to be filled.

541 - 560 of 577 Posts