F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I traded in a 2011 Jeep Liberty for my new F150eb. I purchased the Liberty to replace a Jeep TJ that we use to pull behind the motorhome. However, I had always told my Spousal Unit that if Ford would ever get with the program and make the F150 four wheel down towable I would buy one in a heart beat.

So the other day I found out that the 2012 4x4 F150 trucks were not 4 wheel down towable and set out on a search to locate a basic XLT 4x4. I knew what I wanted and the Eco-Boost was not it. But, after doing a little research on the Eco-Boost I did a quick reverse in my thinking.

So in the end my look for a basic XLT 5.0 crewcab 4x4 F150 is now over. Sitting in my garage is now a 2013 F150 FX4 Eco-Boost 3:73 equipped from sunroof to navigation system. Now all I have to do is figure out all of that Foo-Foo Fancy stuff the electronics, Sync, My Key, Ford Touch can do.

Sales Manage of the dealership said he would come to the house on Sunday and help me program everything and teach me how it all works together. He is an all around Great Kind of Guy, said he would also bring his family along. Which is even better....because, well I love seeing my Grandkids every chance I get!!!

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Congratulations and Welcome!

I was also originally looking at the 5.0 and decided on the EcoBeast kinda at the last minute. I bought mine primarily to haul my Travel Trailer and the EcoBeast with Max Tow was the ticket.

SPPD

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Welcome! Glad you picked an EcoBeast!

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the Welcomes.

I have noticed that a number of new Eco50s are being purchased for the purpose of towing their RV. Me, I looking forward to my RV towing the F150. I'm also looking forward to being questioned about how are you managing to tow an F150 four wheels down. Ford seems to have kept this little secret a secret from RVers out there.

Well, I better go start cleaning out my 2006 F250 reg cab V10 manual transmission truck as the buyer is coming to pick it up with in the next two days. Kind of nice that this new FX4 will be replacing both my Jeep Liberty as a Toad behind the motor home, but also replacing my F250 at the same time. I remember back when I purchased the F250 V10 new, it was know as a HP/TQ work horse of an engine. Now the V6 Eco only falls short of those number by a hair, but delivers 50% better MPG.

·
Registered
13 Posts
NICE!! Same here I traded in my 2011 Tacoma yesterday just now joined the forum figured it was time to get a big boy truck! :D

·
Registered
229 Posts
Good pick! Practically my trucks twin but a year newer! Love the 13s headlights!

·
Registered
589 Posts
Hey welcome to the Site. That is crazy that the RV world doesn't know the F150 can be flat towed as that was big news. Glad you went with the Eco as IMO is the best of the best on Fords Motor Lineup within the F150s. Plus (knock on wood) one day the Eco might have to tow the RV but the best part is it could do it and still provide a awesome seating area LOL!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
10 Participants
Corbin
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing