·
Registered
924 Posts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Initial tune on E85 with stock pump and low boost is a 5.3 0-60 from a 7.4 on 91. ECU is adding timing with 170 degree manifold temps....

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Stock everything except plugs, time and E85

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
133 Posts
What psi is low boost? I never tried lower than 18psi but it’s starting to look like yours has more fuel flow than my 2017 did. It would be awesome if it’s able to handle E85 without touching anything on fuel side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
4.9 0-60 data log in HP tuners with first 60% DI pump pull, got 2nd gear AWD chirp with 305/45/22's... She's PULLING HARD

·
Registered
211 Posts
What psi is low boost? I never tried lower than 18psi but it’s starting to look like yours has more fuel flow than my 2017 did. It would be awesome if it’s able to handle E85 without touching anything on fuel side.

Probably commanding leaner ( e85 is very forgiving) and not common to see fuel psi bumped to 3300

·
Registered
133 Posts
I commanded .85 lambda on E85. It could have likely gone leaner but being in south Texas didn’t wanted to keep a little extra cooling.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Yea you can reach MBT on e50. I only wanted to go to E85 so I didn’t have to mix at the pump anymore and get just a bit extra cooling from the higher E content.

·
Registered
4,427 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
.85 lamda is pretty lean?

Also saying no benefit of e50 to e85, there is a huge benefit, he can just fill it up and not have to measure!

Definitely agree there. But most of the di/pi newer stuff. Its NIL above e50 from my personal experiences. But that dang sure would be nicer not to have to mix.

·
Registered
133 Posts
The ecoboost likes it a bit leaner it seems. Most are running .80-.82 on 93 so .85 on E85 is nothing. However I do plan to experiment on the dyno when my dang hub adapters comes in. Ill try it at .80 vs .85 and see what the difference is as far as hp. Well that’s if I have enough fuel flow for .80 on E85 lol.

·
Registered
211 Posts
The ecoboost likes it a bit leaner it seems. Most are running .80-.82 on 93 so .85 on E85 is nothing. However I do plan to experiment on the dyno when my dang hub adapters comes in. Ill try it at .80 vs .85 and see what the difference is as far as hp. Well that’s if I have enough fuel flow for .80 on E85 lol.

We commanded up to .88 on e85 but we quit after that. Seeing it didnt gain any on stock pump though....I just stuck with e50 but the real power is e50 with race gas instead of 93

·
Premium Member
2,088 Posts
We commanded up to .88 on e85 but we quit after that. Seeing it didnt gain any on stock pump though....I just stuck with e50 but the real power is e50 with race gas instead of 93
I know we are sorta Hy-jacking Mike's thread here, but how far are you pushing the timing? I would start to get skiddish at 21-22*

·
Registered
133 Posts
I know we are sorta Hy-jacking Mike's thread here, but how far are you pushing the timing? I would start to get skiddish at 21-22*
Yea sorry for talking so much in your thread OP.

I am commanding 20 at 6500 rpm right now but only see about 18 during a pull since I’m shifting around 6k. Since I haven’t tuned ecoboost on E85 I don’t know where MBT is. Once I can get it on my dyno I will add timing until it stops making power then take 2 degrees out. I also make it so the knock sensor can’t add timing only take away if it needs to. I’m also going to experiment with low boost like 14 psi with more timing and see what yields more power.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #58 (Edited)
Right lane, heat soaked, super happy! Need some downpipes, intercooler and should be way deep into the 12's when it's not 100+ at the track.
[email protected] with 1.7 60'

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Hell yea man! That’s moving! Did you get a weight of it?

I didn't, I need to

41 - 60 of 69 Posts
About this Discussion
68 Replies
15 Participants
mtxpert
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing