F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

321 - 340 of 348 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
What do you have IN that trailer to hit 11k?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
A 40 gallon water tank and a Yamaha yxz sxs, some cabinets with a sink, roof a/c unit, some of floor is double thick (bought this trailer lightly used so not sure why first owner speced it that way), not an aluminum trailer and then all the usual camping and fishing gear yet but yeah I was actually surprised at the weight myself!!

Reactions: Arkansas Eco

·
Registered
32 Posts
Wow
How did it handle the load ?

-Brian

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Handled it very well,was impressed...the load is balanced well enough that it doesn't feel like you're looking at the sky and yet it isn't swingy whatsoever. But only average 9.2 mpg! My brother-in-law ran out there with me and has a 14 with a 5.0 and he had a trailer that was comparable in size to this one but was about 1,800 lb lighter and he got 9.3 mpg but was using one gear lower than I was a lot and was having to watch tranny temp alittle because of shifting in the mountains where as I could blow up them without as much shifting, I never had a problem with coolant or tranny temp! (I do run a tune) also had a 5.3 vortec and a 3.0 ecodiesel running with us and EcoDiesel ended up getting 17 mpg but we had to go slower for him alot also and had him derate several times too. (Deleted and tuned) And had a 2.7 Ecoboost that got 9.8 mpg pulling a 20ft enclosed trailer but had no problem keeping up!! We all had a good time slap talking each other's trucks but I will say I would rather have my 3.5 or else a 5.0 of all of those options...

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Towed thirty miles round trip. Had two machines in front on the way out and then split on the way back. Mountains were out in all their glory, but didn’t take any photos. Kept those images all to myself. Haha.

2013 FX4 CCSB | Leer Cap | S&B CAI, BBK TB | Arc Rite Brush Guard | Rigid Lighting | JW Speaker Fogs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2013 Ford F150 XLT 3.5 Ecobeast SuperCrew 4X4
1,618 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,653 Posts
Not much of a tow-burden, admittedly, but after driving around all day yesterday, last night, and early this morning, I'm finally sipping on a late cup of coffee before I unload the last load.

This truck is by FAR the most enjoyable truck to operate that I have ever had. I realize it's not really burdened with just 2500-3000lbs behind it, but the way it does it without breaking a sweat, cruising through rural America at 75mph, while "she" sits in the passenger seat with cooling and the massager turned on, while her laptop is connected to the onboard WiFi Hotspot so she can process her mortgage loan customers with them completely unaware she's mobile.

Me playing disc jockey between phone calls and the AMAZING Soundstage in a completely quiet interior space.

Shortly after arriving at the final destination and backing the rig up her narrow long gated driveway, she looks over at me and says "you're the boss in this dang truck". I smile, knowing really what she meant and doesn't know it is "this truck sure suits you and makes you look like you know what you're doing"

The weather is absolutely PERFECT. The coffee is the best I know how to acquire. The honey-doo task is accomplished. And I get the pleasure of being a stud in her eyes today. Bet we're having steak! Lol

·
Registered
5,334 Posts
Not me, but my parents. 2017 Expedition Max with the full trailer tow package(brake controller, 3.73’s, etc.) and the Ecoboost, so a very close relative. They just picked up their 2017 MicroMinnie 2100BH this morning. I am a bit jealous as I’ve been looking for one used for a while and they just happened to stumble on this one the first time they went shopping.

·
Premium Member
7,653 Posts
That's awesome!

They are now FREE TO ROAM

·
Registered
5,334 Posts
That's awesome!

They are now FREE TO ROAM

The funny thing is the expedition has a higher GVWR and higher RAWR than my 2014 Max tow. 7760 and 4300 im pretty sure.

Reactions: snakebitten

·
Registered
5,334 Posts
The funny thing is the expedition has a higher GVWR and higher RAWR than my 2014 Max tow. 7760 and 4300 im pretty sure.
My dad sent the payload sticker:

Thats one heavy truck. 6316 lbs. Thats almost 200 lbs more than my truck(6160 according to my sticker.)

But 1444 lbs payload is respectable considering.

And 4300 lbs RAWR is also higher than my max tow at 4050.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Ready for tomorrow evening's trip back to Georgia.

·
Registered
2013 Ford F150 XLT 3.5 Ecobeast SuperCrew 4X4
1,618 Posts
Reactions: MMCdude

·
Registered
648 Posts
Thank you, gentlemen.

The best part is that I found it sitting on a lot when I was shopping for a new truck, so no ordering hassle. :cool:

Reactions: Arkansas Eco

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
Just for kicks....MMC, what does the weights sticker underneath the rear bumper hitch area read>" Can Tow Anything"?-lol
Here's mine on a 4x4 Off Road Pack / Max Tow / Payload Package / 5.5 box Boost.
20200911_160020.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
648 Posts
Mine has the same sticker as yours. I suppose that's where the "RATING WILL VARY" comes in.

Reactions: meaz93
321 - 340 of 348 Posts