F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
561 - 580 of 618 Posts

·
Registered
9,657 Posts
Just a little local park called Cane Creek. It has a nice, well kept, quiet camp ground on a small lake. Great atmosphere, 25 min from home, 30 dollars a night! It makes for a great weekend trip.

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk
Random thought but i wonder if that is where the mountain bike suspension company, Cane Creek, got their name. I am 90% sure they are based in NC

·
Registered
2018 2.7l 4x4
655 Posts
Wheel Tire Plant Automotive parking light Vehicle

Spring cleaning

This was a heavy haul!

My truck with the trailer weighed 7020lbs on the way in and 6540lbs on the way out.

Truck bed was loaded with old fiberglass insulation from my remodel and the trailer had a bunch of old trim and some drywall scraps under the mattress. I was surprised it was only 480lbs of trash.

·
Premium Member
2022 Powergrid KingRanch in Sparkle White
13,692 Posts
^^^ Reminds me when I arrived at a campground/RV park in northeast Texas and there wasn't anyone in the office to check in with. So I went back out to the truck with the little teardrop in tow.

I started to very slowly head into the park when I saw a golf-cart heading my way. I rolled down my window and he stopped right next to me and before he said a word he took a good look at my whole rig.
Then as dry as you could imagine, he looks me in the eye and says "man, it's a good thing you have an Ecoboost"

Perfect delivery. 3 seconds of silence. We both busted out laughing.

·
Registered
580 Posts
View attachment 178448
Spring cleaning

This was a heavy haul!

My truck with the trailer weighed 7020lbs on the way in and 6540lbs on the way out.

Truck bed was loaded with old fiberglass insulation from my remodel and the trailer had a bunch of old trim and some drywall scraps under the mattress. I was surprised it was only 480lbs of trash.
Reminds me of this heavy haul last fall

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,696 Posts
Last year.
Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Sky

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

This set up is roughly 9k. Hauled it like a boss! I am running a blue ox sway pro with 1k bars. Towed great! 9.5 mpg for the trip (1.5 tanks of fuel) bout 800 km.

I'm thinking of making the trailer spring under to lower the deck but that's only going to change 4" in overall height, not sure it will make and diff on the MPG's as the Scout is so tall!

·
Registered
9,657 Posts
View attachment 178638

This set up is roughly 9k. Hauled it like a boss! I am running a blue ox sway pro with 1k bars. Towed great! 9.5 mpg for the trip (1.5 tanks of fuel) bout 800 km.

I'm thinking of making the trailer spring under to lower the deck but that's only going to change 4" in overall height, not sure it will make and diff on the MPG's as the Scout is so tall!
I am about to make my 4Runner spring under. I am hoping it will go 70mph after :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
6,696 Posts
Motor vehicle Plant Automotive side-view mirror Automotive tire Tree

Reactions: Boatwaco

·
Registered
9,657 Posts
Do you want to go fast in the desert?
No i just dont want it to have 28.5" of clearance at the frame rail and be insanely top heavy. Right now I have 11.5" from the top of the tire to my stock, uncut fenders in the front and it just seems excessive. I only have about 5" of up travel in the shock as it sits so I figure lowering it down 5-6" will all around be a good thing. I am on the shortest springs I can get for it already and I dont think I can really shorten the shackles much.

The truck is scary in off camber stuff and steep climbs. I did a trip to moab, which is all sketchy steep slick rock, with cliffs everywhere and it was very uncomfortable.

·
Premium Member
2022 Powergrid KingRanch in Sparkle White
13,692 Posts
You will adjust, but I know what you mean.
I don't know why I first look at the lower mirror when I glance at either side? I had to train myself that the top half IS the mirror that duplicates the traditional mirrors that I was used to.

I suppose one of the reasons is that with traditional mirrors I kept them tucked in just enough to include the side of the truck in the reflection for visual reference. But with the tow mirrors providing the dedicated lower mirror for viewing the truck itself, it allowed me to push the top mirror "out" farther for catching more field of view of traffic. As a result my brain looks for the reference of the truck I'm in first, which draws my focus to the wrong mirror.

As stated, I had to train my brain to go to the top mirror for typical surrounding traffic data. I'm just about trained. :)

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
I don't know why I first look at the lower mirror when I glance at either side? I had to train myself that the top half IS the mirror that duplicates the traditional mirrors that I was used to.

I suppose one of the reasons is that with traditional mirrors I kept them tucked in just enough to include the side of the truck in the reflection for visual reference. But with the tow mirrors providing the dedicated lower mirror for viewing the truck itself, it allowed me to push the top mirror "out" farther for catching more field of view of traffic. As a result my brain looks for the reference of the truck I'm in first, which draws my focus to the wrong mirror.

As stated, I had to train my brain to go to the top mirror for typical surrounding traffic data. I'm just about trained. :)
Had the same problem when I had tow mirrors on the truck but now with the MH it’s just taller (mirror) and use the bottom for tires, vehicles next (beside) to me and if any cargo door is open. Use top for distance behind me and backing up for not hitting trees or whatever that’s tall. Also has side cameras but really don’t use them much, it’s just another thing to learn to use for this old dog lol

·
Registered
2013 race red SCrew 4x4 air lift bags
2,226 Posts
Had the same problem when I had tow mirrors on the truck but now with the MH it’s just taller (mirror) and use the bottom for tires, vehicles next (beside) to me and if any cargo door is open. Use top for distance behind me and backing up for not hitting trees or whatever that’s tall. Also has side cameras but really don’t use them much, it’s just another thing to learn to use for this old dog lol
I'm glad Ford designed the mirrors the way they did. I too like the corner for seeing where the trailer tires are. Anyone who's towed with a newer Silverado/Tahoe/burban knows how awful and useless those are for towing.

·
Registered
2015 Ford F-150 Lariat Screw 5.5' | 3.5 Eco | 4x4 3.55 Max Tow | 33's, Tuned by BoostKing
478 Posts
I'm glad Ford designed the mirrors the way they did. I too like the corner for seeing where the trailer tires are. Anyone who's towed with a newer Silverado/Tahoe/burban knows how awful and useless those are for towing.
My mind always goes to T Rex arms whenever I see those GM mirrors

·
Premium Member
6,696 Posts
I am having a hard time adjusting to these mirrors, I am use to just one. But they defiantly give you more coverage, my brain doesn't like them lol
I love the blindspot mirrors.

·
Premium Member
6,696 Posts

The bottom mirror is blindspot.

Reactions: Boatwaco
561 - 580 of 618 Posts