F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
581 - 600 of 618 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
The bottom mirror is blindspot.
Yes I do like that mirror, it's when I am backing up my brain is ping ponging between the two and it's not good lol
Have only backed the trailer in twice so far and I find myself cranking my neck and just looking back.
I probably should just take it somewhere and practice and adjust the mirrors to what feels comfortable.

·
Registered
2015 Ford F-150 Lariat Screw 5.5' | 3.5 Eco | 4x4 3.55 Max Tow | 33's, Tuned by BoostKing
478 Posts
Yes I do like that mirror, it's when I am backing up my brain is ping ponging between the two and it's not good lol
Have only backed the trailer in twice so far and I find myself cranking my neck and just looking back.
I probably should just take it somewhere and practice and adjust the mirrors to what feels comfortable.
When I first got my truck, same thing with the “ping ponging brain.”

I didn’t like them one bit.

Then my first tow, I was blown away. It was a revelation, I’d never had that kind of natural viability.

It was like something clicked in my brain using them in the intended fashion, and ever since no more ping ponging for some reason.

·
Registered
36 Posts
When I first got my truck, same thing with the “ping ponging brain.”

I didn’t like them one bit.

Then my first tow, I was blown away. It was a revelation, I’d never had that kind of natural viability.

It was like something clicked in my brain using them in the intended fashion, and ever since no more ping ponging for some reason.
I am still waiting for that revelation lol

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
I just make sure I take some Tylenol before traveling so my headache isn’t as bad using the mirrors.🤯

·
Premium Member
2022 Powergrid KingRanch in Sparkle White
13,692 Posts
There's been 1 million times that I wish I had a grappler. As recently as right this minute. Lol

I have so much brush year round because of mother nature's relentless quest to reclaim the portion of land that we try to keep clear. It's tropical and she's fast.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Not really towing pics, just camping pics from last week. When not using our toyhauler for the SXS, I have a small couch that converts to a bed that we put in the back. I removed one of the side benches and use a table with a couple of folding chairs. This makes the camper WAY more user-friendly for hanging out, especially with the cargo door open and the screen in place. Even with the couch, we can fit in a couple of our shorter kayaks (shown after loading, not yet wrapped and configured for transport):

·
Premium Member
2022 Powergrid KingRanch in Sparkle White
13,692 Posts
Well done. Yea, the small toy haulers are so versatile. An easy tow, and when you arrive and empty the garage you can convert to anything you can imagine.
Mine often converts to an espresso bar and word travels quickly. :)

And toy haulers have that magnificent window!

Table Desk Office equipment Office supplies Computer desk

Tire Sky Wheel Vehicle Plant

·
Registered
342 Posts
Had the same problem when I had tow mirrors on the truck but now with the MH it’s just taller (mirror) and use the bottom for tires, vehicles next (beside) to me and if any cargo door is open. Use top for distance behind me and backing up for not hitting trees or whatever that’s tall. Also has side cameras but really don’t use them much, it’s just another thing to learn to use for this old dog lol
I do the exact same with my class A motorhome. Sometimes I will change my camera view to one of the sides when traveling on the interstates so I can watch cars approaching or hanging out on my side. In a pinch, I will simply turn on my blinker to make the camera on that side functional.

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
I do the exact same with my class A motorhome. Sometimes I will change my camera view to one of the sides when traveling on the interstates so I can watch cars approaching or hanging out on my side. In a pinch, I will simply turn on my blinker to make the camera on that side functional.
Rear camera is nice also especially when I’ve got the toad behind me, 36’ plus toad. Wife helps out a lot to change the settings for rear camera but it is fairly easy I just like to keep eyes forward.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Rear camera is nice also especially when I’ve got the toad behind me, 36’ plus toad. Wife helps out a lot to change the settings for rear camera but it is fairly easy I just like to keep eyes forward.
Definitely helps to keep an eye on my toad or trailer. I was going through Houston and had a lady in a small car literally trying to get between my toad and my coach. I think she thought my F-150 was tailgating me or something. :LOL:

·
Premium Member
6,696 Posts
Upgraded our camper recently and went on the first trip this weekend. 2022 Alpha Wolf 26RL-L View attachment 178939

I think I’m going to order the Firestone ride rite kit to level it out
As long as you know to set the hitch up with the minimum amount of air in the bags then use the bags to help the springs. There is no substitute for a correctly sized and correctly set up WDH. Especially with a camper that size.
SPECIFICATIONS
Hitch Weight:740 lb.GVWR:8,900 lb.UVW7,088 lb.CCC1,812 lb.Exterior Length:34' 5"Exterior Height:11' 2"Exterior Width:96"Fresh Water:49.00 gal.Gray Water:70.00 gal.Black Water:35.00 gal.Awning Size:9' & 11'

·
Premium Member
6,696 Posts
The 35' length would concern me. 5.5' or 6.5' bed ?

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
Yes, I will get it setup properly. I’m using the Fastway E2 hitch with 1,000lb bars. I did have more firewood in the bed than I probably needed so it was squatting a bit. We don’t carry water and generally pack light.
Remember to set airbag pressure before setting up WDH

581 - 600 of 618 Posts