F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
601 - 618 of 618 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Ford F-150 Lariat Screw 5.5' | 3.5 Eco | 4x4 3.55 Max Tow | 33's, Tuned by BoostKing
478 Posts
We’ll now I’m Confused …

I don’t use an WD for anything, but if I did, do I set it before or after the bags??

It’s got to be without air in bags right??

I got a buddy who just bought a monster trailer, so I’m actually asking for a friend!

Reactions: Arkansas Eco

·
Premium Member
6,693 Posts
Remember to set airbag pressure before setting up WDH
You mean after the initial installation and setup of the hitch but before hitching up each time ?

·
Premium Member
6,693 Posts
We’ll now I’m Confused …

I don’t use an WD for anything, but if I did, do I set it before or after the bags??

I got a buddy who just bought a monster trailer, so I’m actually asking for a friend!
I'm saying yes.

Reactions: Boatwaco

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,693 Posts
I disagree. The WDH must be setup correctly for the pickup without inflating the bags. The bags should only be used to help stabilize the tongue weight.

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
Put minimum air in bags install and setup WDH Then adjust air bags for ride comfort and height if needed. After I setup my WDH all I needed was 20psi. Airbags are mainly for when you don’t have a WDH to put more weight to front and for sagging in rear when needed. BTW I was well over tail weight (actually all weights) lol at 1300lbs and 9100 total TT weight. Just my experience on what I did and not saying it’s right just what I did that got me to ride the best with what I had
Sky Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Premium Member
6,693 Posts
@Mr B Apparently we are mostly in agreement.

·
Registered
2016 XLT Supercab 2.7 Ecoboost max tow rear Firestone ride rite airlift 5000lbs
15 Posts
We’ll now I’m Confused …

Sorry for being so late to this conversation but definitely agree set up Wdh at minimum bag pressure. After the hitch is set properly you can have your bags set to your needed pressure to have a level tow and have them inflated before you hook up. For me that is base 33.5lbs with nothing in the bed. 37.5 if I load a couple of things. Any higher than that generally is not level. Keep in mind. Not all airbags are created equal.

·
Registered
9,657 Posts

The bags and WDH should be set up to work in tandem. One effects the other. You shouldnt just slap your wdh on and then pump your bags up and go

Reactions: Mr B

·
Moderstrator
1,501 Posts
Take a ton of photos!

Reactions: Blown F-150

·
Premium Member
6,693 Posts
Kicked off the big trip today. Should total around 3500 miles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Get it ! Diggin that bike rack.