F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
2381 - 2393 of 2393 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Second big trip of the season, first time towing the 13.5' tandem kayak. Rock solid, didn't budge an inch. Truck performed great again.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,402 Posts

Needed 4x4 and diff locker to get it in there lol.

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts

Needed 4x4 and diff locker to get it in there lol.
Nice! I ended up going on a minimum maintenance road with my toy hauler to a race track once this summer. Came up to an old 10 ton bridge after driving down this road for 5 miles with no turn around. My daughter did not like that and neither did I. Right after the bridge I could see a hill, but it curved around a corner so I did not see the extent of it. I was in 2wd because I had no idea. Didn't think I was going to make it up due to the rear tires spinning the entire way. Not sure if I could have stopped and started again in 4wd without momentum due to the extreme angle. I think if I didn't have the KO2's I would have never made it.

Little did I know about a half a mile to the right of me was a fairly famous motorcycle hill climb section. I will never go on that road again with my camper.

·
Premium Member
4,505 Posts
These recent pics and posts are haunting me.

I'm NEVER home this time of year. But I'm also NOT a planner. I mean not even a little bit. Instead, I prefer to just wing it.

So I can't really explain why I ain't sippin espresso this morning at 8000'+, but this thread certainly is rubbing me. Lol

You fellas squeeze it for all it's worth! Enjoy them sunrises and sunsets for us grounded folks. :)

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
960 Posts
Best quote I ever heard regarding "time" comes from Cavett Robert, "Killing time isn't a simple crime it's murder, for if you're going to kill it, why not work it to death?"

Sadly, I can only get the rig out ~4-5 weeks a year. And yes, there's a fair amount of planning that goes into it. I can't complain about my slice though, just grateful to have these opportunities to venture out with the family.

·
Premium Member
4,505 Posts
Best quote I ever heard regarding "time" comes from Cavett Robert, "Killing time isn't a simple crime it's murder, for if you're going to kill it, why not work it to death?"

Sadly, I can only get the rig out ~4-5 weeks a year. And yes, there's a fair amount of planning that goes into it. I can't complain about my slice though, just grateful to have these opportunities to venture out with the family.
That's a great quote.

And please don't read into anything that I say as the way you "should" do it. Clearly that can't be the case. Lol

You're out there doing it.
I currently ain't. :)

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
It looks familiar is why I ask. I was west of Fort Collins today along scenic Hwy 14.
Uinta National Forest, just behind my house here in UT.

We always do dispersed camping out there so you just kinda set up shop wherever you think you can fit your trailer.

·
Administrator
7,728 Posts
2381 - 2393 of 2393 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
About this Discussion
2.4K Replies
698 Participants
milesej05
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing