F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got some pictures taken. Now if I can figure out how to post them. I now have 1040 miles on it and planning more this coming weekend to bring some things to my son. Mileage has been pretty good but I'm not watching it close as I bought it to use. Trying to decide if I want to paint the topper. I kinda like it grey. Bill

Attachments

·
Registered
373 Posts
I honestly think you should get it painted BJM so it matches, the rest of you 40-45K truck. But that's just my thought, and maybe get some black fx/raptor taillights.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well that's one vote to paint. My wife says she likes the contrast and said I should leave it. I told her maybe I'll paint the truck to match the topper. lol Do need to get the spray in bed liner on Friday, this Wednesday getting electric retractable steps. paint will wait for a bit. got other things to do.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Paint it to match.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
The contrast looks good!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Grats on the new truck and welcome to the club!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The topper came off the 2010 platinum sterling grey F-150 that I traded for this tuck. When it was new I had it painted to match and it looked good but I kinda like the contrast for now. You know that gives a 10% go faster eh? The retractable steps give another 15% and I'm getting a Chrome tail pipe tip which really puts it up there. So if I keep adding stuff pretty soon the truck will be moving while it is standing still!! (lol)

·
Registered
510 Posts
Love the topper but it would look better painted, imo.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yep Love the truck sweet but paint the topper!! Oh and peel off the dealership free advertisement sticker!!!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Nice truck - contrary to popular belief, blue is the fastest color - I have personal experience!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Great looking truck!

Bottom line is if you and your wife like the contrast that is all that matters!

SPPD

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just had the retractable running boards installed last Wednesday and the spray in bed liner Friday and you all know nothing is inexpensive so the topper can wait for now and we do think it looks okay. Maybe this winter? Now that I have the miles on it we need to hook up the Arctic Fox and go camping. This is the time of year when it is really nice to go for a couple of weeks. You can probably figure out I'm retired. Oh need the chrome tail pipe tip next. Yeah, wildweasel we know blue is Fast and just wait until I get that tail pipe on, Just a blurrrrrr.:rolleyes:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts