F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read many of the threads on choosing tuners; and seems like others, such as myself, are concerned with being able to turn their truck back to stock to avoid warranty issues. I found out about a product Uni-Chip, that doesn't re flash the ECU, but intercepts the signals going to the ECU and modifies it to boost performance. For example, it will take the boost signal and lower the voltage of the signal to the ECU making the ECU think that there is less boost than there really is. Unlike single sensor, in line resistors, Uni-Chip modifies multiple inputs at the same time. They claim that when you unplug their controller there is no footprint for the dealer to discover. They claim that removing their piggy back controller, makes it undetectable. Has any one used this "tuner" and can verify their claim? Thanks to every one who chimes in on all the other threads. I've leaned a lot on what works and what doesn't based on your real world experiences.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
I read many of the threads on choosing tuners; and seems like others, such as myself, are concerned with being able to turn their truck back to stock to avoid warranty issues. I found out about a product Uni-Chip, that doesn't re flash the ECU, but intercepts the signals going to the ECU and modifies it to boost performance. For example, it will take the boost signal and lower the voltage of the signal to the ECU making the ECU think that there is less boost than there really is. Unlike single sensor, in line resistors, Uni-Chip modifies multiple inputs at the same time. They claim that when you unplug their controller there is no footprint for the dealer to discover. They claim that removing their piggy back controller, makes it undetectable. Has any one used this "tuner" and can verify their claim? Thanks to every one who chimes in on all the other threads. I've leaned a lot on what works and what doesn't based on your real world experiences.
If something happens, it'll be logged in the ecu, they can read back a certain frame of time and see the higher than stock boost.

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
If something happens, it'll be logged in the ecu, they can read back a certain frame of time and see the higher than stock boost.
Sounds to me that the best thing to do is plan your visit to the dealership. I plan to return mine to stock about a week before I actually take it in to give it some time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts