F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i took my truck to the dealer and had them replace the pinion seal that was leaking right before i went on a cross country trip, ive noticed now however when i decellerate to around 35-40 mph i hear and feel what i can best describe as driving over a rumble strip, then as i slow down even more it stops then does it again around 15-20 mph, then completely stops, only does it at those intervals. Wondering if its anything related to the tech changing the pinion seal or something else completely unrelated. TIA

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Did it do this before the service? I assume not. I would take it in and have them look at their work. Perhaps you need to top off the rear diff or something shifted with the driveline. Do you have a single driveshaft or 2 smaller ones?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Following, I have my 2016 SCREW with similar vibration while decelerating. It is currently at the dealership getting checked out. Service writer suggest warped rotors or possibly tire balance, neither would be covered by warranty….

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As @Justinjs hinted at. I'd bet they over-torqued the pinion nut. Doing so will munch the pinion bearing and mess up the gears if allowed to go very far.
:mad:That might explain it then, i went to pick up it up and they were running behind so i stood with the service writer near the bay and watched them finish it up, tech took a air impact and slapped everything together real quick and then he was done, and i left.

·
Registered
223 Posts
:mad:That might explain it then, i went to pick up it up and they were running behind so i stood with the service writer near the bay and watched them finish it up, tech took a air impact and slapped everything together real quick and then he was done, and i left.
So they quit possibly over, or under torqued the nut. After tightening they're supposed to check the rotational force of the pinion. There's a measurement in in/lbs for new bearings, and used.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts