F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For guys wanting buy E85 in BC, there is now a second place.

It is the Otter Co-op at 248th & Fraser Hwy, Aldergrove, BC. The E85 (on Feb 15) was 1.028 vs 1.309 for regular.

When I tested the E85 (I also filled up some Gerry Cans), it came out at E67.5, which isn't too bad.

·
Registered
4,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BTW, the other place that sells E85 is on 24 Braid St in Sapperton, BC.

I never have been there, so I cannot comment on it's E85 cost or quality. Maybe someone will post it.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I got some at the Langley/ Aldergrove a month or so ago place and it tested at 76% with my quick fuel tester.

The New West station was $1.60 per liter today and it tested at 89% with my beaker. I asked the girl working there what it tested at and she said it was 84.xxx.
By comparison the Chevron 94 was $1.52 per liter.

The New West one is only open once in a blue moon on Saturdays. Staffing issues is the story. They have a facebook group and will put the word out on Friday if they are open on Saturday. The hours are only 10-2 on Sat as is. Mon- Fri is 6 a.m.- 5 p.m.

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
I got some at the Langley/ Aldergrove a month or so ago place and it tested at 76% with my quick fuel tester.

The New West station was $1.60 per liter today and it tested at 89% with my beaker. I asked the girl working there what it tested at and she said it was 84.xxx.

The New West one is only open once in a blue moon on Saturdays. Staffing issues is the story. They have a facebook group and will put the word out on Friday if they are open on Saturday. The hours are only 10-2 on Sat as is. Mon- Fri is 6 a.m.- 5 p.m.

Interesting. We have one station in town here and seems to have stayed rock solid at 85% based on my gauge. They sell the e85 for the Same price as regular here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Everytime I have got some in Aldergrove, it shows up around 65%, but it is much lower in price than even regular. Others who have electronic testers are showing 65.xx%ethanol. Recently (early June), there E85 was only 89¢.

And yes, the Facebook page shows the New West Station is extremely high at 85% Ethanol. The guys with foreign turbo cars wanting every bit of power they can get, prefer the New West.

Frankly, unless you are wanting more ethanol than 65% (or the New West Station is much more convenient), the Aldergrove station is much cheaper to mix if want ethanol mix under 65%. I just wish they would sell it at ALL Co-op gas stations in the province. A man can dream.

·
Registered
4,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FYI, there is now a Co-op in Nanaimo that sells E85. No idea what it measures out as. But if it is at least E65 or better, and selling less than regular ... then it is all good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts