F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally took the dive and plasti-dipped my lariats grill. I am not 100% sure how I feel about it. I figured I would do this before I spend the money on a blacked out grill.
photo 2.JPG
What do you think? vs. this
20140521_200945_Richtone(HDR).jpg

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Would look better if the surround was white with black inner bars. But still looks good.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ii probably does need more coats I got impatient haha :D

·
Registered
431 Posts
plasti dip those reflectors on your rear views while you're at it. Comes out real easy with a flat head starting from the point furthest from the truck.

and definitely stay away from glossy. the matte between your wheels/emblems etc look great mixed with the white.

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
That looks good! And I NEED THAT LICENSE PLATE!!!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That looks good! And I NEED THAT LICENSE PLATE!!!
Thank you! I will re do it after the current layer starts to rip. And this is the best plate VA has.

Sent from my iPhone using F150 EcoBoost

Reactions: leverkyle

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thats sexy
did you remove your grill? I left mine on and gave it a hell of a tape job with news paper.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I did remove mine. I ended up breaking 3 of the 5 clips that helps hold the grill on, but it is bolted right below that, so no problems so far. I think I ended up putting 5 coats of black and 3 coats of glossifier to it.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Man, no offense, but IMO it looked way nicer with factory. Spending that much on a vehicle to paint it with 5$ paint isn't my thing. Sorry to sound rude.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Man, no offense, but IMO it looked way nicer with factory. Spending that much on a vehicle to paint it with 5$ paint isn't my thing. Sorry to sound rude.
honest answer and I appreciate that.

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
honest answer and I appreciate that.

It isn't cheap to do, but I'm in the same school as a couple of other guys. I think it would look great with a ptm shell and black center section.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I finally took the dive and plasti-dipped my lariats grill. I am not 100% sure how I feel about it. I figured I would do this before I spend the money on a blacked out grill.
View attachment 19533
What do you think? vs. this
View attachment 19535

Thanks.
Truck looks better in the second pic. Anyways, it's your truck and plastidip can be removed easily anytime you want.

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
To me, Black Grill = Cheap work truck.
I vote no.

I was just drooling over a Lariat grill for my truck.
(which has the Chrome App package = wonky too much going on C grill)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts