F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's with the two black plastic bumper plugs?
Is there a function?Can they be removed?
Does anybody make a nicer option?Like a chrome plug.
Has anybody painted them.
Excuse me if this has already been discused!:confused:

·
Registered
943 Posts
You are not taling about the back- up sensors are you?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry for my poor discription.I ment the black 4X8 inch plastic inserts in the front bumper stratiling the turbo intake.
The right one has the lisence bracket on it.

·
Registered
176 Posts
That's just the way Ford styled the bumper. If you live in a state that doesn't require a front plate, you can buy a blank that's used of non-EcoBoost models. Then both sides would look the same - just plain plastic "plugs".

·
Registered
346 Posts
Pull the plate bracket off by grabbing on the edge closest to the intercooler opening and pulling back. You'll see that the mounting holes behind it are not pretty. Also, I'm glad Ford put them there since that's the front part of the bumper that contacts objects first. Parking my truck in the garage I have bumped the wall, and those plugs protected the chrome on my front bumper. I bought the set for a non-Eco from my dealer for $45, and made mine symmetrical. Just my $.02...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13,026 Posts
I wonder how quick the border guards would hate me if I took off my plate & put a bumper plug on the license plate side. I want my truck looking sleeper

·
Registered
271 Posts
I wonder how quick the border guards would hate me if I took off my plate & put a bumper plug on the license plate side. I want my truck looking sleeper
Probably wouldn't care, as many places don't require a front plate. That said, if a front plate is required by state or province it could be a nice fine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
6 Participants
toxic111
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing