F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've looked all over the place to find a suitable replacement of the tailgate chrome trim on my 2016 F150 Ecoboost Platinum. Today I wrapped it with Dark Carbon Fiber Vinyl made by VViVid. Insert letters are made by BDTrims.

Turned out pretty good.

IMG_2834.jpg

IMG_2835.jpg

IMG_2838.jpg

·
Premium Member
4,507 Posts
I'm guessing you won't be offended if I say I like that WAY better than the huge contrasting cover Ford uses for some of the King Ranch, Platinum, and Limited trucks.

That actually looks great with the color of your truck.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Nicely done!

·
Premium Member
813 Posts
Wow good work!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Looks great- I'm not a fan of the big silver panel on the KR, LTD, Platinum. I've done some vinyl wrapping on my B/C pillars, but that was due to discoloration. Also did some carbon fiber on my interior door panels. The stuff they have available now is pretty easy to work with. Good job!

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
DOesn't look too bad actually. The Ford needs to be shown tough. :)

I don't like that big thing, except on white, it looks ok then for some reason.

Raptor has a similar thing. I know a guy bought a brand new one and made them put a "regular" tail gate on it before leaving lol.

·
Premium Member
781 Posts
That looks awesome. Nicely done

·
Registered
3,912 Posts
Looks good and very well done... however, as @WooBoost mentioned, the Ford Oval needs to either be shown through, or removed completely if possible. Just looks weird covered up.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Letter inserts are certainly a nice touch... I even prefer what you've done to a dip or paint-to-match. Well done sir!

edit: and to ditto the others... fly that ford flag! check out emblemoverlays.com for a really simple solution if you want other than the factory emblem

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
13 Participants
FightinCow
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing