F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Gents!

Looking for opinions on this mod. I would have posted in lighting, but this is purely appearance for me as these are OEM replacements...stock bulbs.

It's a no brainier for me going with the Harley tails on a dark truck, but this lighter color silver with the Platinum trim has me torn between the two. Disregard the dog please. He's a photo whore...

I attempted to make a poll so please enter:

(1) for keep stock tails
or
(2) if you prefer the Harley tails.

Feel free to think out loud as well of course.

Thank you for your time!

20140723_112915.jpg 20140723_112920.jpg 20140723_112927.jpg 20140723_112936.jpg 20140723_112944.jpg 20140723_112955.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
925 Posts
Im not sure both look good, I was thinking about something like that too. The only thing color on my white truck is those RED taillights. I think with the silver in your tailgate it matches your lights. If you dont use them and are getting rid of them keep me in mind, I might just spray them with night shade or whatever....sorry didnt wanna hijack but I think you are on the same page as me

·
Registered
839 Posts
I have done LED tails before..but on a red truck. My Tuxedo black 2010 Harley F-150 however, I left alone.

My 2014 white Tremor will more than likely be left alone. I think they look out of palce on a white truck. If I see one I like I may buy them and sell on the boards if it looks "ricey". Good luck

·
Registered
431 Posts
If I select (1) will you take them off and sell them to me?

-Honest opinion the only reason I think it may look a little "off" is due to nothing else being really blacked out or smoked on the truck. So if your planning on doing a smoked/blacked out look them by all means I'd keep them. If you aren't looking to change much else then I like the look of the lighter ones as it blends better with your chrome and color

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If I select (1) will you take them off and sell them to me?

-Honest opinion the only reason I think it may look a little "off" is due to nothing else being really blacked out or smoked on the truck. So if your planning on doing a smoked/blacked out look them by all means I'd keep them. If you aren't looking to change much else then I like the look of the lighter ones as it blends better with your chrome and color
Lol! No. You'd be better off just buying from a vendor anyway.

-Will my opinion void my warranty?

·
Administrator
7,836 Posts
With your truck having all that chrome and the headlights also not being black, I would stick with the stockers. But, as others might say (or are thinking), its your truck...do what you think looks best.

·
Administrator
7,836 Posts
View attachment 18914

I did the red led instead of the black because I thought it would look out of place without really blacking out anything else. I like the stock combo for your color. But like others have said, it's your truck don't worry about what other people like do what you like.
That matches so well, it almost looks stock!

Nice Work!!!

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
View attachment 18914

I did the red led instead of the black because I thought it would look out of place without really blacking out anything else. I like the stock combo for your color. But like others have said, it's your truck don't worry about what other people like do what you like.
This looks amazing. What brand are these and were they plug and play? Did you have to wire in resistors or change your flasher?

This is my favorite Platinum right here. He is a member but not active.
uploadfromtaptalk1406146639704.jpg

·
Registered
269 Posts
From the back, both look good. The Harleys look BETTER /CLEANER from the side. Just my opinion. I went with Recon LEDs. IMG_20131121_224327.JPG

·
Registered
790 Posts
I think the stock rear light trim blends in better on the Silver truck's. 6-7-14 014.JPG

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
From the back, both look good. The Harleys look BETTER /CLEANER from the side. Just my opinion. I went with Recon LEDs. View attachment 18935
I think the stock rear light trim blends in better on the Silver truck's. View attachment 18936
Hey thanks guys. Great info here!
The recons look awesome for sure.
You know the only thing I really dislike about the stock tails is the outline. Maybe I could just paint the edges to match the body color so they blend more.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I don't see a poll. But if I were you, I would run whatever is on Vol's truck....because it's the BEST.
Poll failed. This'll work just fine. Well, you have a sterling grey truck with a plain Jane tailgate so what works for you may not work for me. I will continue to ride around with miss matched tails until I make up my mind. Lol! I really hate cleaning this aluminum piece on the back I should just take it off. one day....

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
Poll failed. This'll work just fine. Well, you have a sterling grey truck with a plain Jane tailgate so what works for you may not work for me. I will continue to ride around with miss matched tails until I make up my mind. Lol! I really hate cleaning this aluminum piece on the back I should just take it off. one day....

And why do I have a Sterling Grey truck with a plain Jane tailgate Mike? Because it's the BEST...!!!

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Mike. I'm surprised you went platinum. You seem like a biker boi. Why not the Harley Davidson trim?

désolé
I hate Harleys. They should all get tickets for noise pollution. Hahahaha! I'm a cyclist, not biker....

They don't even make the Harley F150 any longer FYI.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts