F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Code showed up after SCT tune and AFE stage 2 intake Truck was fine until I loaded sct canned tune Programmer couldnt tell me what problem was although it did clear it , Sct instructions did not list code either. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
It could be one, both, or none. Has it been recurring or just a 1 time event? Have you tried disconnecting the battery for about 10 minutes to allow the computer to refresh with the new tune and intake? I have always disconnected the battery to clear the computer after installing anything aftermarket. Is your canned tune compatible with your intake? I would start by calling the tune maker and ask the question about compatibility with your chosen intake.

Others on here know way more than I do about this truck, so hopefully they chime in.

Good Luck,

SPPD

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
Wish I could help but I didn't have any codes pop up after installing my tune. I'd call first thing in morning.

·
Registered
152 Posts
It could be one, both, or none. Has it been recurring or just a 1 time event? Have you tried disconnecting the battery for about 10 minutes to allow the computer to refresh with the new tune and intake? I have always disconnected the battery to clear the computer after installing anything aftermarket. Is your canned tune compatible with your intake? I would start by calling the tune maker and ask the question about compatibility with your chosen intake.

Others on here know way more than I do about this truck, so hopefully they chime in.

Good Luck,

SPPD
Hey thats some good advise, I never thought to disconnect the battery! Makes sense. Getting my unit custom tuned next monday..can't wait! Having the CAI and exhaust done already was one of the reasons I chose this route, also having the fuel I always run in the truck while tuning it and of course seeing my truck on the dyno!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
fx4 4fun
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing