F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed that when I show down in traffic and then need to rapid accelerate, there is nothing there. I put my foot in to it to avoid another vehicle, but no acceleration. Then all of a sudden it will take off. Another example is slowing down for a yield sign and then trying to rapidly accelerate, nothing there. Any thoughts before I take it to the dealer??

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Welcome to the world of turbos and drive by wire.

·
Registered
114 Posts

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Torque limiting and turbo spool prevents you from getting the snap neck throttle response that n/a motors have. A good tune works wonders on this issue though.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
I have an extra tuner I'll sell you to fix both of those issues. You can even turn off torque limiting with this one and there is a drivetrain warranty. PM me if interested.

I've noticed that when I show down in traffic and then need to rapid accelerate, there is nothing there. I put my foot in to it to avoid another vehicle, but no acceleration. Then all of a sudden it will take off. Another example is slowing down for a yield sign and then trying to rapidly accelerate, nothing there. Any thoughts before I take it to the dealer??

·
Registered
5 Posts
I got a new in box edge evolution cts that will cure that torque limiting, increase your throttle response and give you an additional 54hp/68lb-ft. Plus you can set up some gauges to monitor like you egt and manifold pressure (boost) ect.

It's CARB complient too if you live in CA. Plus it won't void your warrantee as long as you pull it out when you take it to the dealer.

Let me know if you are interested, they are $600 new and I'll let it go for $500 obo.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
I need a tune, bad. I despise the throttle response in these trucks. My other toy is a bolt-on '92 Mustang and the throttle response on that car is amazing.

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
Is this something new that is happening? Or has it from day 1?

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
To clarify more, generally this is how boosted vehicles behave, especially pretty much all drive by wire vehicles where you provide suggestions with your right foot, and the computer decides how the vehicle will respond. You step on it and the power comes on gradually with a delay that may seem like forever. After driving it for some more time you will learn how to manage to turbo lag with your right foot.

You may have a legit problem with your truck, but if this is your first boosted/drive by wire vehicle, it's likely your just not used to how these trucks respond to throttle inputs.

A tune will do wonders for the throttle response.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I just bought a used 2011 eco boost xlt and I’m reading these comments and this is the exact thing I felt I had going on, apparently this is normal I guess so my question (might sound stupid forgive me) is when you guys say tune do you mean tune up?

·
Registered
368 Posts
beyond drive by wire, your truck is also downshifting at least 3 gears to get the rpms up. That takes a bit of time as well.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
So I just bought a used 2011 eco boost xlt and I’m reading these comments and this is the exact thing I felt I had going on, apparently this is normal I guess so my question (might sound stupid forgive me) is when you guys say tune do you mean tune up?
A tune is a PCM flash for better driveability than what the factory puts in.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
13 Participants
winchested
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing