F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

121 - 137 of 137 Posts

·
Administrator
7,733 Posts
I'm concerned because similarly equipped trucks get vastly different mileage, that's a fact.
You are correct, they do. Because of the fuel they use, the maintenance on the truck, and (most importantly) how the driver operates the truck. END OF STORY!

·
Administrator
4,073 Posts
Woah Nelly. I'm concerned because similarly equipped trucks get vastly different mileage, that's a fact. I'm glad you get good mileage. Hope your day gets better pal.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Just because a truck is "similarly equipped" doesn't mean that it will perform exactly the same.

For example, my truck is a 2013 XLT SCrew 2WD with 3.31 gears and slightly larger than stock A/T tires. I get about 21.5 on a long highway trip. If you were to take the EXACT same truck and change only the gearing to the 3.73, then the mileage is going to drop to around 19mpg. That's 2.5 mpg just from going from "highway" gears to towing gears.

·
Registered
6,625 Posts
That tire size works out to 33.5x 11.2" on an already heavy 20" wheel.

On a 3.73 truck which is going to get worse highway mileage than say a 3.31 truck.

Your truck is similar to mine.

But I am 3.31 gears 33.6" x 12" r 18" tires (KO2 72 lbs ea) . 4" BDS lift.

You can see my MPG in my signature. Roughly 15.5 MPG lifetime.

Quit crying and just drive the thing.

Noone here cares about your mileage.

You're Canadian obviously as am I.

We only just started getting summer blend gas back in the tanks within the last week or so....

Winter blend gas is an automatic 1.5-2 MPG hit.

Oh and I measure in real US MPG not those stupid Imperial metric mpgs...

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
295 Posts
That tire size works out to 33.5x 11.2" on an already heavy 20" wheel.

On a 3.73 truck which is going to get worse highway mileage than say a 3.31 truck.

Your truck is similar to mine.

But I am 3.31 gears 33.6" x 12" r 18" tires (KO2 72 lbs ea) . 4" BDS lift.

You can see my MPG in my signature. Roughly 15.5 MPG lifetime.

Quit crying and just drive the thing.

Noone here cares about your mileage.

You're Canadian obviously as am I.

We only just started getting summer blend gas back in the tanks within the last week or so....

Winter blend gas is an automatic 1.5-2 MPG hit.

Oh and I measure in real US MPG not those stupid Imperial metric mpgs...

Who is crying? If you don't care, don't post...This is a MPG thread. You guys are salty as **** today. Must have synced up your periods.

·
Registered
6,625 Posts
Lol not salty just sick of everyone coming here and crying about their mileage...

·
Registered
295 Posts
Lol not salty just sick of everyone coming here and crying about their mileage...

Dude, consider poor OP. Buys a bone stock truck, gets garbage mileage no matter what he does. Comes here and gets the same regurgitated old man rhetoric that it's his driving habits or 2mm larger tires accounting for a 7mpg loss (even though he explicitly stated he drives with an eggshell under his foot) but heaven forbid anyone has any helpful criticism for him.

It is **** what Ford did with these motors. I feel for guys like OP, to never have an answer and be stuck with a hog that gets 13mpg on the highway, while others chime and boast about their 22mpg...well good for them, but there are lots of us out there scratching our heads and literally paying for it at the pump.

These people have a right to *****, and to seek help. If you can't help then what the **** are you doing berating people having issues with their rigs. That is what this forum is for.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Woah Nelly. I'm concerned because similarly equipped trucks get vastly different mileage, that's a fact. I'm glad you get good mileage. Hope your day gets better pal.

I guess you would need to get closer that "similarly equipped trucks". Your FX4 came with the heaviest of everything. Adding heavier unsprung weight via tires (albeit not much larger) would not help. Leveling would not help. Although I have no care in the world what you do with your truck; most of the mods you have done, probably don't help your mileage which seems to be your big concern.

·
Registered
6,625 Posts
My rig got 21-22 mpg stock... I lifted it and put bigger tires on it. It now gets 15...

Stock tires are 31-31.5" these tires are 33.6"...

Thats 2" not 2mm....

These engines are all the same up til 2013 when the turbo size was changed...

None of us drive on the same roads. The same temps, the same tires, with the same fuel, the same anything therefore none of our fuel mileages will ever be similar or the same.

In my car on fuelly. Com I have the best 2009 Dodge caliber AVG fuel mileage by 2 MPG and beat the average by 5 MPG... Must be a magical engine.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
My rig got 21-22 mpg stock... I lifted it and put bigger tires on it. It now gets 15...

Thats 2" not 2mm....

None of us drive on the same roads. The same temps, the same tires, with the same fuel, the same anything therefore none of our fuel mileages will ever be similar or the same.

In my car on fuelly. Com I have the best 2009 Dodge caliber AVG fuel mileage by 2 MPG and beat the average by 5 MPG... Must be a magical engine.

Ok spill...what oil you running and do you ever disconnect the bottle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
295 Posts

Thats 2" not 2mm....

I'd be fine with 15mpg average. But getting 14.1mpg on a flat highway burning premium fuel with a level and my rubber (aired properly) is not acceptable hence why I'm here getting everyone's pantaloons in a knot.

·
Premium Member
2,690 Posts
I think Somebody needs to call mythbusters and settle the matter:p

·
Registered
578 Posts
I hear Yugo's sip hardly any gas at all, regardless of tire size...

·
Administrator
4,073 Posts
Who is crying? If you don't care, don't post...This is a MPG thread. You guys are salty as **** today. Must have synced up your periods.

Dude, consider poor OP. Buys a bone stock truck, gets garbage mileage no matter what he does. Comes here and gets the same regurgitated old man rhetoric that it's his driving habits or 2mm larger tires accounting for a 7mpg loss (even though he explicitly stated he drives with an eggshell under his foot) but heaven forbid anyone has any helpful criticism for him.

It is **** what Ford did with these motors. I feel for guys like OP, to never have an answer and be stuck with a hog that gets 13mpg on the highway, while others chime and boast about their 22mpg...well good for them, but there are lots of us out there scratching our heads and literally paying for it at the pump.

These people have a right to *****, and to seek help. If you can't help then what the **** are you doing berating people having issues with their rigs. That is what this forum is for.

I'm going to post these two recent quotes of yours so you can hopefully see the irony of your own contradictory statements. ;)

And to add a rebuttal to your own pantaloon's twisted, menstrual cycle inspired, rant: Plenty of us offered helpful criticism to the multitude of "OP's" in this thread. Not a single one of us "berated" anyone either. As previously stated, the majority of the people are new members that purchased an EcoBoost, thinking that it was just a V6 and would get the incredible gas mileage of an XL SCab 2WD truck that the EPA based their window sticker ratings came from. Then they go and add modifications to their truck and want to know why their specific truck is getting worse mileage than what they thought.
As for you and your lack of mileage goes, I don't have a definitive answer for you. What I offered was a logical explanation as to why your HEAVY ASS, MODIFIED TRUCK isn't getting you the mileage that you think you should be getting. Hopefully you can sort it out and figure out what's "wrong" with it. Or maybe you can trade off that POS that Ford screwed you over with and get a Chebby, a Goat, or a Yota and move on to one of their forums.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I used to enjoy 21 mpg.... until one day i was driving and the truck shuddered and the service engine soon light came on and went to limp home mode. Pulled over. Turned the truck off then on and everything cleared and drove fine except the gas mileage was down to 15 mpg. Drove straight to the dealer and they couldnt pull a code. Told me my plugs were shot and replaced them. Mileage never returned. A month later i blew a sensor and they replaced a harness. Said that was my mileage issue. No luck... had a mechanic update the pcm... for 3 days mileage was normal then back to 15. Back to mechanic, and he said he could see my fuel trim levels were jacked. Said he reset them. For 2 days it was perfect... then back to 15. Its been over a year now. Been to countless mechanics and no one can figure out why my mileage is garbage.

New plugs
New sensor
Updated PCM (twice)
Intake to turbos replaced... found oily residue
Fuel trim levels reset

121 - 137 of 137 Posts
About this Discussion
136 Replies
70 Participants
kingx999
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing