F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Go on eBay or RockAuto.com (supporting vendor) and buy the stock Motorcraft Plugs. I found a deal a while back from Pep Boys for a set of 6 it was only $27 dollars (with the discounts they were offering) so I ordered a dozen plugs.

Next thing is to do a KAM reset after changing plugs out. Also, UNHOOK YOUR BATTERY WHEN WORKING WITH THE ELECTRICAL SYSTEM OF YOUR TRUCK!!!

Wait a tank of gas before reporting back that your mileage dropped...your truck has to have time to 're-learn'
I did unhook the battery when changing the plugs as I have some common sense and I'm assuming the KAM resets automatically when the battery is disconnected? Also I drove about 400 miles after changing the plugs and that is where my 14.5 highway average came from. After my 400 mile trip Im still averaging about 13mpg in town.. The truck does have a lifetime average of about 16mpg according to the dash so my assumption is still leaning toward my mistake of going with Autolite plugs instead of Motorcraft.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sp534s are too expensive? Smh :confused: hey run about $40 on eBay. However, the gap is .35 which you could easily bring down to the desired gap.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Nice thread res lol

21 - 24 of 24 Posts