F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Thanks Jerry!

I noticed that it appears you also coated the INSIDE of the manifolds (I was going to request this until I saw the pictures you posted).

I am hoping this will minimize any future warping of the manifolds. The stock ones are too prone IMO.

Luckily, the last time I was still under Warranty.

·
Registered
301 Posts
what are the real world benefits of these over stock, and what is the group buy price?
I'd like to also know the answer to the first part of this question. Are there any flow numbers to back up the claims or is it just a port-matched(or gasket matched) manifold. Pretty hard to port match when the heads are not available that the manifolds are going on.

·
Premium Member
724 Posts
Another good selling point, besides the great price, is flow numbers.

Anyone want to donate $10k to my "fund a ford" account so I can buy all this cool crap I want?
How 'bout 'tree-fiddy?'

·
Administrator
4,073 Posts
Dangit!!! I still want to see the hot pink manifolds that Jerry promised...... ;)

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Dangit!!! I still want to see the hot pink manifolds that Jerry promised...... ;)
As I understand, when they were getting cleaned, they accidentally washed the gay away.

·
Administrator
4,073 Posts

·
Vendor
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
As I understand, when they were getting cleaned, they accidentally washed the gay away.
LOL!!! love it!

I'd like to also know the answer to the first part of this question. Are there any flow numbers to back up the claims or is it just a port-matched(or gasket matched) manifold. Pretty hard to port match when the heads are not available that the manifolds are going on.
We have turbos on hand and do our best to port the throat. There is a limitation because Ford chose not to use every bolt hole in the manifold, the turbo's hang off the manifolds, and using CFD they made these pretty "thin" without a lot more area to create a larger radii turn. Small factoid: early 11's had a mount cast into the turbine housing and a bolt on mount that supported the turbo. Midway through the first year run Ford figured out they didn't need to go to that "extra expense" and eliminated it and the housing lost the bolt hole boss.. seems silly especially in light of the warped manifolds some experienced. Do I have flow numbers: no. If there is demand for another run I'll get a stock and ported manifold to a flow bench and give you some numbers. Let me know if you are interested. As it is: the hardware cost ($300+) and the labor to swap turbos (5-8 hours) says most people won't touch these until they have another reason to address these and then it's a "while your in there" thing.

There are gaskets included with these???
No sir, just the manifolds. I didn't know where to stop if I was going to offer gaskets: you will need everything: jiffy tite water connections, water pipes, oil return gaskets, manifold studs and nuts, etc etc..

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
The point Jerry is making about Ford "cheaping out" on the manifolds with the bold holes is true. This was explained nearly two years ago to me by the Senior Ford Technican/Mechanic who checked out my driver's side manifold, and replaced it under warranty.

He said that Ford had made a provision for it, but ultimately some "bean counter" decided to eliminate one of the bolts to save a few buck. When you sell the #1 selling vehicle in both the US and Canada, it does add up. But at the cost of a number of them warping.

I am hoping the coating of these manifolds will keep the heat transfer down, and reduce warpping.

·
Vendor
7,052 Posts
As a matter of fact, even 2013 blocks have an additional two holes tapped on a boss that is cast into the block where a bracket would mount.
2014 the casting on the block is still there and machined flat
2015-2016 this has no machining and just a cast stub.
2016 new it is gone completely.

Evolution

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
I can hardly wait for the Gen2 evolution.

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
You have to tell me HOW you convince your wife to allow this?

Or, do you just lie through your teeth?

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Now that I see the silver ... I am REALLY GLAD!!!

41 - 60 of 69 Posts
About this Discussion
68 Replies
21 Participants
Datslowecoboost
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing