96 Posts
Looks like new, I’d say go for it.

·
Premium Member
2022 Powergrid KingRanch in Sparkle White
14,090 Posts
I'm biased.
I want you to go 1 year newer.
How much more would that co$t for a similar lightly used one?

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm biased.
I want you to go 1 year newer.
How much more would that co$t for a similar lightly used one?
Would love a 21.
They let me take it home for the night.
Man this is a nice truck. Only cons for me is chrome package, pano roof, 26 gal gas tank. Not really deal breakers.
I think this has every option a Lariat can get. Liking the cool ventilated seats.
A 22 is around 63k. And a long wait. Don’t know about a 21.

I don’t need a new truck but have been longing for options. And my 2013 has been flawless.

Snake.....You see what color it is. Bonus for finding one used.

·
Premium Member
7,127 Posts

·
Moderstrator
1,895 Posts
Very Nice truck!
Next steps - let them keep it for a night and see if you can live without it. ;)
Don’t compromise, don’t settle.
Write down what you like about your current truck and make sure the new one has that too.
Write down the pros and cons of the new truck (chrome, pano, ventilated seats, etc.) and review that list several times.
Write down the expected payments and spend time looking at that number too.
In other words, make a well informed decision.

·
Registered
2015 Ford F-150 Lariat Screw 5.5' | 3.5 Eco | 4x4 3.55 Max Tow | 33's, Tuned by BoostKing
532 Posts
Looks awesome to me but I could be biased!

Only issue to my eye is that trade in value seems awful low! Like by at least $5k maybe?

I’d also double check the axle ratio on the tag vs. what the dealer lists.

·
Premium Member
14,090 Posts
Trade in is trading. Gotta leave room for profit for the dealership.

But yea, if you went through the effort to sell it yourself, you would very likely get more

Depending on what state, that tradein also has a sales tax savings of some amount though.

·
Registered
2019 f150 3.5 ecoboost crew cab 4x4 heavy tow package fx4 6.5' bed highly modified
6,589 Posts
Beautiful looking truck! Crazy low miles. $54,000 seems a little high to me though.
I’ve had more than a few people in the business that I trust tell me wait until October or later if possible to buy a truck going to be a better time/ $$. I noticed prices are already dropping around here on used slightly. Ever so slightly lol

The one thing is it’s low miles, I’ve seen similar trucks same year around here same trim but with the 3.5 or 5.0 for around that price but they have at least 20,000 miles on them.
That’s an excellent combo though that 2nd Gen 2.7

·
Premium Member
7,127 Posts
Depending on location, $18k isn't a bad trade-in number for a 2013 XLT.

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Trade in is trading. Gotta leave room for profit for the dealership.

But yea, if you went through the effort to sell it yourself, you would very likely get more

Depending on what state, that tradein also has a sales tax savings of some amount though.
Idaho does have trade in sales tax credit. That Saves me around 1k.
They tried to say it was only worth $16k but then they actually went out to drive and inspect it and they offered the $18k. The dude was blown away with how clean and rust free it was. May be the only rust free 2013 in Idaho.

·
Moderstrator
1,895 Posts
Reactions: EcoXLT

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,449 Posts
2021+ trucks I refer to as, Pandemic Trucks

• Haha
Reactions: Arkansas Eco

·
Premium Member
14,090 Posts
Ford engineers and designers were developing the 2021 Gen14 F150 YEARS before anyone had a clue what Covid 19 was or would be.

But I get the point. :)

Just my opinion, and obviously I am biased, but I've had 2012 (still have), 2016, 2018, and now 2021/2022.

·
Registered
9,871 Posts
Whats the miles on your 2013? 18k seems kinda light, I was looking not too long ago at trucks comparable to my 2014(Lariats with around 100k) and they were still in the upper 20's.

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,449 Posts
Ford engineers and designers were developing the 2021 Gen14 F150 YEARS before anyone had a clue what Covid 19 was or would be.

But I get the point. :)

Just my opinion, and obviously I am biased, but I've had 2012 (still have), 2016, 2018, and now 2021/2022.
Yeah, I know that, I’m just saying, the parts seem a little less quality and stuff like that. My Boss’s trucks shocks went out within 10k miles

·
Premium Member
14,090 Posts
Your bosses shocks sucked before they were bolted to his truck.
Or to put it another way, the shock on my 2021 sucked just as bad as the shock that came on my 2018, that sucked just as bad as the shock...... Lol

But you said "the parts are less quality"....

I'll admit the truth about ANY question asked me regarding the 3 2021-2022 trucks I have experience with. So what parts?

The gear shifter seems like an inferior product compared to my previous trucks.
The foam or stuffing in the front seats is either thinner, softer, or both. Resulting in what I would predict will lead to a more used/worn seat earlier in the trucks life.

I can't think of another thing off the top of my head that I would add to that list.

They are very much Ford F150 in overall feel and look, but absolutely forward examples compared to my previous trucks.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts