F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know if the "Power Scope" mirrors can be installed on an 2013 XLT Super Crew. I would like to be
able to fold and extend my mirrors from the cab. Would make it much easier to get into my garage and when parking in tight parking spaces.:eek:

·
Registered
589 Posts
I'm not sure but I will be at the dealership tomorrow and can ask... I was wondering the same thing for my 2012 as I have the same issue when it comes to parking. Further if you can add ambient lighting kits why not upgraded power folding mirrors right?! Ill let you know what I find out!

·
Registered
860 Posts
I have the normal 2012 max-tow mirrors and sure wish they had the power fold option. I can't park it in the garage without getting out to close them :(

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Has anyone figured this out?
The new power scopes go for $748 a side (yes, per side) on eBay. 1A Auto is working on a cheaper alternative. Dealership is not much better price wise. Plus you'll need to add additional harnesses and parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
900 Posts
I have a guy wanting to trade me my reg. mirrors for his power telescoping tow mirrors.. Does anyone know if the power fold mirrors can be operated as manual mirrors without causing damage to the mirrors? That way later down the road i can use the power features.

I found this video on youtube and not sure i want to do something like this..

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
No. You will break the gears inside that do the folding. These trucks have the same harness though, so with the right dealership and mechanic you could have this programmed into the truck. I'm watching these these mirrors on eBay right now and they cost $827 per side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
900 Posts
I have been doing alot of research on this.. With a email to tasca they gave me all the parts needed. Total of $71.00

7L1Z*17B676*AA (power fold switch)
17B676*AA (power telescope switch)
DL3Z*14527*AC (switch bezel)

And have found this info also that seems to work well with the power fold but nothing really on the power telescoping which is probaly why the video above was just left to manual telescope them.

remove door panels, remove old mirrors,on the passengers door mirror connector, find pin #'s 7 violet/brown and # 16 green/violet and splice a wire to each. Run those wires over to the drivers door.( this may require drilling a hole or 2 to get them there). When you get to the drivers door find the same colored wires and pin #'s on the mirror connector ,and splice the 2 wires from the passenger side to the corresponding wires on the drivers door . At this time you will also need to pigtail a wire from the #7 wire to the # 6 wire on the switch which is a yellow/orange, and a wire from the # 16 to the #4 on the switch which is gray/brown.Wiring them this way will eliminate the need for the relay and a flash at the dealer, but will also eliminate the memory function.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Good research and documentation. Let us know if of you pull the trigger on this.

I'm amazing at the cost of the mirrors. Though these mirrors are the standard in the entire industry.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I love the power folding mirrors i use them every day when i pull in the garage and drive thru bank

Sent from my iPhone using F150 EcoBoost

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have the regular power folding mirrors, but if I want to change over to power folding towing mirrors, would I need to do any of this? Would it be plug and play? I am not concerned about power telescoping, just power folding.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
9 Participants
fnjeep314
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing