F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Ford F-150 Platinum
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just recently bought a 2012 F-150 Platinum and on it it has the power folding mirrors option. Does anyone know if there are any companies that make power folding tow mirrors for these trucks still?
If there aren’t any companies that make them then will the non power folding mirrors work on my truck with the power and heated mirror?

·
Premium Member
2013 XLT 302A 145" Screw
3,807 Posts
So I just recently bought a 2012 F-150 Platinum and on it it has the power folding mirrors option. Does anyone know if there are any companies that make power folding tow mirrors for these trucks still?
If there aren’t any companies that make them then will the non power folding mirrors work on my truck with the power and heated mirror?
I'm glad you asked. My Son also has a 2013 Platinum and wants tow mirrors with all the functions like his small mirrors. He wants body colored ones tho and I figgered way out of luck there. We surely will get some input from some of the more knowledgeable forum members.
Welcome to the forum !

·
Premium Member
3,155 Posts
If you son can’t find what he wants I’ll reduce the price on these @20tthomas1 also

·
Premium Member
2013 XLT 302A 145" Screw
3,807 Posts
Thanks @Mr B His truck is that white pearl and brushed whatever chrome.
Are they off a Platinum with all the features ?

·
Premium Member
3,155 Posts
Thanks @Mr B His truck is that white pearl and brushed whatever chrome.
Are they off a Platinum with all the features ?
No, there from trail ridge, go to thread for details I couldn’t find ones with power fold at the time without paying a big premium for oem

·
Registered
7,928 Posts
1A Auto makes mirrors that look like the OE mirrors. I am not 100% certain what exactly they have for combos as far as power fold/power extend/heat.

Reactions: looqw and Mr B

·
Premium Member
2013 XLT 302A 145" Screw
3,807 Posts
They are all black paintable and $400 each. He's not interested LOL

·
Registered
3,949 Posts
They are all black paintable and $400 each. He's not interested LOL
The actual Ford parts to make electric folding tow mirrors, are a down payment on a Super Duty. The Ford caps are removable and therefore, you can change to whatever color you want, though.

Reactions: Arkansas Eco

·
Registered
2013 Platinum
363 Posts
1A Auto makes mirrors that look like the OE mirrors. I am not 100% certain what exactly they have for combos as far as power fold/power extend/heat.
I was coming here to recommend the same thing the 1A ones are the next best quality to OEM but at a reasonable price. They have every different combination of power options so you will be able to find a set that match your trucks current features as well.

There are some cheaper eBay options but from what I have read they all shake badly on the highway to the point the mirror is almost useless.

·
Premium Member
3,155 Posts
Seems like a few years ago they didn’t any on hand for awhile so I ended up getting the manual folding ones but I don’t need them now 🤷🏼‍♂️

·
Premium Member
2013 XLT 302A 145" Screw
3,807 Posts
I was coming here to recommend the same thing the 1A ones are the next best quality to OEM but at a reasonable price. They have every different combination of power options so you will be able to find a set that match your trucks current features as well.

There are some cheaper eBay options but from what I have read they all shake badly on the highway to the point the mirror is almost useless.
I have the 1A's.

·
Registered
2012 Ford F-150 Platinum
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What you are looking for are 22 pin tow mirrors. Power adj, Heated, power extend/ retract, LED .There are after market OEM out there. Just be carful of quality. Topgear Autosports. $550.00 pair
So 1A Auto would be my first choice if I was going to get them but they don’t have any with the power fold. Which I know it’s not a necessity but it’s just a nice convent function. And I still don’t know if the non power fold mirrors would work with the power fold connection which is kinda the real kicker.

·
Registered
2012 Ford F-150 Platinum
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What you are looking for are 22 pin tow mirrors. Power adj, Heated, power extend/ retract, LED .There are after market OEM out there. Just be carful of quality. Topgear Autosports. $550.00 pair
So I just looked on Topgear Autosports website and I wasn’t able to find any for my 2012 F150 with the power fold... Do you have a link by chance if you found some?

·
Premium Member
3,155 Posts
When I went to these mirrors they said they had them on hand so I ordered the bezel, switch and wiring kit at the same time for the telescoping function. Then after a week they came back and said they don’t have any on hand and don’t know if they will ever make any more. So I bought the manual ones. So if any body needs the kit for the telescoping function let me know
2013 Ford F150 Truck Driver & Passenger Side Power Heated Smoked Lens Turn Signal Memory Power-Folding Chrome Power-Telescoping Towing 4 Piece Mirror Set

·
Registered
2 Posts

A-1 did not have the mirror for my vehicle and from what i can find there is not an aftermarket option. i have a 2015 Ford F150 Platinum 3.5 turbo

·
Premium Member
2013 XLT 302A 145" Screw
3,807 Posts
I think the same for all the KR - Plat - Limited, including 12th gen. Not an aftermarket replacement that does/has everything.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts