F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe it is my imagination. The past couple of days my steering feels heavy. I know the power steering assist is electric. Can a tune cause changes in the level of assist?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Maybe it is my imagination. The past couple of days my steering feels heavy. I know the power steering assist is electric. Can a tune cause changes in the level of assist?
Hmm well I highly doubt it but I suppose it's somewhat possible. Have you hit a curb or 'shocked' your EPAS gear in anyway? They are very temperamental these days, you can even damage your EPAS gear buying hitting your tie rods loose with a hammer on the knuckle which is why ford recommends to use a puller when loosening your tie rods off. Anyways if it still has warranty bring it in, there is a special test procedure for the EPAS. If its stiff to turn then most likely you will need a new EPAS gear, could also be ball joints seizing up too, doubtful but possible.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Tremor. I haven't hit anything. I really only noticed it since loading a new tune. I think I will put the previous tune in and see what happens. I am betting it is my imagination.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts