F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I have nothing better to do then wait for roadside assistance, I’m sharing my current status. I have a 2020 Raptor that i purchased for days ago that has lost power steering. I now have a $70k death trap. I can’t express how disappointed I am with Ford. Video of dash attached for fun.

·
Registered
5,280 Posts
Power steering?

Well good thing you’ve got a **** ton of warranty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
589 Posts
Certainly shake your confidence and make you question your purchase. Hopefully you will never have another problem and you regain a good feeling over time.

·
Registered
473 Posts
This is exactly why warranties exist. There will always be manufacturing defects when you build as many trucks as Ford does. Crappy when it’s you, but after it’s fixed, there is no reason (statistically or anecdotally) that you will have any other major failures.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Make em fix it! PS went out on me on my truck once, turned out to be a stupid fuse right off the POS battery terminal. It happens. Hopefully you post up a resolution.

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Super sophisticated and complex assembly of computers and hardware. Just one fuse or poor connector or...........

Statistical certany for some.

Just sucks when you draw the straw.

Good luck. It's still a wicked awesome truck

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
Since I have nothing better to do then wait for roadside assistance, I’m sharing my current status. I have a 2020 Raptor that i purchased for days ago that has lost power steering. I now have a $70k death trap. I can’t express how disappointed I am with Ford. Video of dash attached for fun.

View attachment 164996
I certainly understand the frustration. I hope they get it fixed up quickly for you. But, It shouldn't be considered a death trap because the power steering went out. Power steering was hardly standard when I was growing up. It puts meat on your arms :)

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
That would sure leave a bad taste in my mouth too... Got my $33k F150 brand new some 6 years ago now, and it's never been in the shop, except for the 2 recalls on it... The brake booster and the trans re-program recalls... Luck of the draw I guess.. My warranty went away a loooong time ago... I had an extended Ford warranty too, but never needed to use it and it's long gone now too... Sure, wasted money on it, but in the end, I didn't have any reason to claim either, and I'm glad for that in the end!

Good luck!

Mitch

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
That would sure leave a bad taste in my mouth too... Got my $33k F150 brand new some 6 years ago now, and it's never been in the shop, except for the 2 recalls on it... The brake booster and the trans re-program recalls... Luck of the draw I guess.. My warranty went away a loooong time ago... I had an extended Ford warranty too, but never needed to use it and it's long gone now too... Sure, wasted money on it, but in the end, I didn't have any reason to claim either, and I'm glad for that in the end!

Good luck!

Mitch

Same here Mitch. Except my extended warranty ran out at the end of December. So if something were to happen to my truck today or even soon I’d feel just like the OP does now.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I really hope Ford steps up its game. My 2018 had a rear window defroster not work off lot and my 2019 has an annoying whistle from heater. However as I recall consumer reports ranked Ford pretty good for initial quality compared to Chevy and dodge so guess we are screwed either way? Gotta love industry wide planned obsolescence makin us pay more for worse quality vehicles. Was tempted to get a 6.2L GMC hope I don’t regret it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
I can tell you that Ford is not building the once reliable trucks they were, my 2018 62k Lariat is the worst driving vehicle I ever tried to drive, ford is out to pasture with their ELECTRONIC power steering, they even have the "death wobble" coming back, if I were you I would get it repaired and run fast away from it, we have all been had!

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Weird. My truck rides better then a car does. In fact it’s the easiest vehicle I have ever drove. Smooth and straight, powerful and quit too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts