F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have front and rear drilled/slotted rotors and the towing pads can't remember the number but when it is raining and or humid in the morning or after it has sat like at work, the squeak bad until I use them more. Is this normal, I've had them on for a few months now with no other issues? My factory set didn't do this.

·
Registered
4,681 Posts
Ok, I have front and rear drilled/slotted rotors and the towing pads can't remember the number but when it is raining and or humid in the morning or after it has sat like at work, the squeak bad until I use them more. Is this normal, I've had them on for a few months now with no other issues? My factory set didn't do this.
I haven't had such a problem, including if the vehicle has sat outside for a few days without driving (and it's been raining).

How recently did you change your brakes disk and pads? Did you remember to put that special grease they include at the back of the pad and the "sliders" to stop squealing?

·
Registered
536 Posts
I have used Power Stops on three different vehicles and never had that problem. IIRC the pads are different on the inside and outside. Did you follow the break in procedure?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, did the break in just as said in the instructions. And Miles, yes it is only for a couple times of use and they stop. I will pull them and clean the grooves, probably re-grease the slides just for grins since the pads are out.

·
Administrator
7,822 Posts
Yes, did the break in just as said in the instructions. And Miles, yes it is only for a couple times of use and they stop. I will pull them and clean the grooves, probably re-grease the slides just for grins since the pads are out.
More-so coming from the rears? I never really had squeaking from the fronts on my 2013 but cleaned out those grooves about once a year. It's embarrassing reversing out of my parking spot at work and everyone stares. lol

·
Registered
178 Posts
Mine squeak a little when backing out of the garage (after sitting overnight) but it quickly goes away.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Anybody tried the power stop kit from Amazon? I’m a prime junky but sometimes you don’t get what is sold from another source... sniffing toward the front & rear z36 pad and rotor set

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I got that set off of Amazon back in Sept 2017. Working great, but I do get that initial squeak from them on more humid or rainy days after it's sat overnight or all day at work..

Usually have the first brake application, it goes away.

Very happy with them so far!

Mitch

·
Registered
40 Posts
I would like to see a test of a blank rotor vs the Powerstop for 70-0. I would be there is no difference besides looking cool.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
I got that set off of Amazon back in Sept 2017. Working great, but I do get that initial squeak from them on more humid or rainy days after it's sat overnight or all day at work..

Usually have the first brake application, it goes away.

Very happy with them so far!

Mitch
Same here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
304 Posts
Another option would be from "BrakePerformance.com". I was running R1 rotors on my Ford Fusion Sport, but changed over to ones I got from BP (the drilled rotors had more holes). Traded the FFS in on my 2018 F150, put drilled rotors from BP on the truck too. I did it fairly early, so didn't get new pads. So far, no funny noises coming from the brakes, either at start up, just driving away, actually braking, etc.

20180922a.jpg

1 - 15 of 15 Posts