F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a power tail gate lock for the FX4 off of Amazon last week. Earlier this week I got around to installing the AirLift rear air bags, tomorrow I plan to install the rear under the tail gate light LED bar with reverse lights. Friday I thought I would move on to installing the power tail gate lock.

Has anyone here done this installation and have any pointers to offer up before I jump in and get to going. From what I have read the lock may have to be shimmed with a few washers to operate properly. And fishing the wires through the tail gate with the rear tail gate step and camera can be a trick.

Anyone have any tricks or suggestions on this install please don't be shy.

OH yea, then on Saturday I have a package due in from Stage3Motorsports via FedEx.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I purchased the kit off of Amazon last week, and now this week they have lowered the price by $7. Amazon is great for shopping, but at times they will do these little price adjustment for a couple of days. If you happen to purchase on one of these days it's great. If you purchased a few days ahead of the price drop...well..it can really tick you off.

Amazon.com: Pop & Lock PL8250 Power Tailgate Lock for Ford: Automotive

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
I'll end up doing mine without that kit. I had no idea they charged that much for a bracket. Those actuators that are used in those kits are available rather cheap ... like ~ $10. Yeah its nice to have everything come to you in a box but I can make my own bracket for a $90 savings.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts