261 - 280 of 304 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 Powerboost Platinum FX4 Kodiak Brown
9,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #263 · (Edited)
Can we talk about how Ford went back to the 12th Gen taillights :sneaky:
I hadn't really considered it but yea.

I no longer am a valid source for opinions of how the 14th gen looks. Although it's almost unanimous that Ford KILLED it on the interior, there's still lots of debate on the exterior.

But it's like having a kid or grandkid. They might look cute to a friend or acquaintance, but they are just ADORABLE to family. Well, the truck has become family so it's starting to look just Bad-azz to me. Lol

Still can't stand the chrome. It's like the new baby has some birthmarks that need a shirt over them.

I take the SideXside to and from the barn so I leave it at the barn when I go somewhere. Had to go to the office today and decided to stretch the legs of the flat6. Just got home and jumped back into the SideXside where I left it in front of the truck. Now that front has grown on me so much that it looks all tough and ready. :)

It made me reach for a shot before I headed to the RV.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
9,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #264 ·
Well, here’s a screenshot of the mpg so far since the first fill up after buying truck. I’ll wait till we get home to full up and check the lie o meter. The trips were about 50/50 highway and local miles.
View attachment 173715
You watch. You're going to find that it doesn't matter how you drive it. You almost can't keep it from eventually climbing in the low 20's no matter what. It finds a way regardless of whether it does it with EV miles, or just ICE-assist, or not burning fuel while you sit in the truck for 30 minutes, or...

As much as we have both discussed the what-ifs of bigger battery and motor, it's crazy how Ford leveraged those tiny components to rescue your economy no matter what. (Except Towing)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Chart Copied from car and driver article, Apple News Aug 10, 2021
Font Parallel Rectangle Screenshot Number
(

(hope this limited cut n paste is ok). There is a typo in their chart. The Escape PHEV is 14.4 kWh total energy.

·
Premium Member
9,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #266 ·
77lb battery. Lol

That's kind of proof that Ford wasn't really reaching for "Hybrid Prowess", but rather redefining Hybrid utility. Groundbreaking application of battery/motor packaging and use.

·
Premium Member
9,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #267 ·
Eye candy post. No other reason but to gawk and ponder. 🙃

Raptor and Tremor

Surprised that Tremor stance is so.... Well, Raptorish in height even.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Ok a silly question. I believe the jack and tire changing tools are supposed to be behind and under the passenger front seat (2021 crew, Lariat). I do not see it there. Is it in a different location?

if it is missing, it’s going to be an issue since the dealer I bought it from is “mad at me” . Why? Because he agree to sell to me at the X plan price when I ordered the truck in March, but when it came in in August, he wanted to cancel my order and sell it to someone else at much higher price. That did not happen.

·
Premium Member
9,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #269 ·
That's so funny.
But the salesman being miffed with you isn't really an obstacle to anything legit.

It is a problem if you need a favor though. You Ole bridge burner you.

·
Premium Member
9,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #270 ·
I think I found it for you. It's very difficult to actually see but it's tucked in behind the BABY inverter (Powerboost smack)

I don't know why you care because I ain't EVER gonna touch it. Lol

·
Registered
56 Posts
The dealership definitely burned the bridge. I will never go back. A deal is a deal, to me. Papers were signed, a deposit given, etc. I paid somewhat over X plan rules when the truck came in and was basically told, take it or leave it. The sales manager told me the owner wanted to sell my truck to someone else for a MUCH higher price. Everyone at dealership was cold to us when we picked up the truck.

thanks for the picture. I was looking under the front seat not behind the inverter box. Somewhat, Inread it was under the front seat.

·
Premium Member
9,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #272 ·
I was just messin with ya on the bridge torching.

In fact, since I brought it up, don't EVER take anything I say on a forum serious.

First, because I don't think it's healthy to. Almost nobody who knows me personally does.

Second, it's the internet. I could actually be someone sittin in Romania totally pretending to be that Willie Nelson looking hillbilly in Texas. I might even drive a Yugo.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I know you were messing with me. :). dealer really pissed me off. He was hiding the fact that the truck came in, in fact he denied he had the truck. fortunAtely, I had the VIN and order number so I could track the truck myself. The sales person that gave me that info Is no longer with them. Sales manager was surprised I knew that info.

I also called Ford national customer service and they said truck was delivered, and they would look into it. I suspect they contacted dealership and pushed them to complete the deal.

by the way, what is the cargo capacity of that Yugo hybrid you are driving?

·
Premium Member
9,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #274 ·
A pathetic 1400lbs

But honestly it just sounds worse to me than it should because I mentally have 1500lbs etched in my mind as the bottom limit of what I can respect.

If you really think about it my KingRanch was 1500 and it didn't have ANY of the Hybrid gear that this truck has. So if I only lost 100lbs and this Platinum is even a bit more loaded, how did they do that?

OH and your dealership...... Sadly I bet there's plenty of good folks employed there, but it only takes ONE leader without integrity to stink the whole place up.

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
The dealership definitely burned the bridge. I will never go back. A deal is a deal, to me. Papers were signed, a deposit given, etc. I paid somewhat over X plan rules when the truck came in and was basically told, take it or leave it. The sales manager told me the owner wanted to sell my truck to someone else for a MUCH higher price. Everyone at dealership was cold to us when we picked up the truck.

thanks for the picture. I was looking under the front seat not behind the inverter box. Somewhat, Inread it was under the front seat.
Not to high jack this thread....BUT-lol; it's a shame all Ford Dealerships are not like mine.
It's been 3yrs since I took my Boost back to its place of distribution. I had a gremlin running amuck around the coil/plug/fuel injector etc.. My renamed Ford Dealership had had it since Wed running EVERY test available and could not find a problem.
PS...the tech is enjoying the test drives
I asked how much for trying to diagnose her....service tech ( OG from 2014 prior Dealership).
$0 dollars because it wouldn't be right to charge for something they could not find....ohh and dont worry about the oil change?!
THATS HOW YOU GET REPEAT BUSINESS
Sorry Bob....carry on with the back & forth PowerBoost hidden gem/ technologies with Snake-very cool.
Photograph Sports uniform Sports jersey Product World

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
56 Posts
@snakebitten. I just linked the truck to my home wifi and noticed a bunch of sharing and privacy options.

any thought on those? Seems like sharing is needed to access many of the features.

·
Premium Member
9,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #277 ·
Meazfriend
Hijack?
This thread?
Have you looked to see who the OP is?
If he EVER complained about a hijack, he should be drawn and quartered.

And I'm not surprised that you would have a relationship like that with a dealership. Although if I was them I'd be wondering if/when you were finally going to wear that truck out.

Your truck just might be the poster truck for "Ecoboost want to be worked to be happy"

Reactions: meaz93

·
Premium Member
9,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #278 ·
@snakebitten. I just linked the truck to my home wifi and noticed a bunch of sharing and privacy options.

any thought on those? Seems like sharing is needed to access many of the features.
You don't know it but that's the first question I've been asked that I'm actually supposed to be qualified to answer. (by profession)

Based on unparanoid risk assessment, I don't think you are going to have any issues regardless of the settings you choose. So it's just a matter of how you personally feel about the odds that your neighbor is a hacker and wants to steal some bandwidth from you.

My truck has the WiFi Hotspot enabled and an LTE gateway to AT&T. So it's doesn't need to connect to another network to get access to over the air updates. Regardless, I don't mind if Ford is harvesting some Metadata from my activities and I'm not really concerned that some hacker might snif my trucks WiFi SSID as I drive by at 65mph.

I'll go read whatever technical stuff I can find on our trucks network capabilities and report back if there's anything cool or bad.

·
Premium Member
9,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #280 ·
Ahhhh. Well don't put too much stock into it. I still could just be a Romanian imposter. :)

261 - 280 of 304 Posts