F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
281 - 300 of 311 Posts

·
Premium Member
2013 XLT 302A 145" Screw
3,805 Posts
A pathetic 1400lbs

But honestly it just sounds worse to me than it should because I mentally have 1500lbs etched in my mind as the bottom limit of what I can respect.

If you really think about it my KingRanch was 1500 and it didn't have ANY of the Hybrid gear that this truck has. So if I only lost 100lbs and this Platinum is even a bit more loaded, how did they do that?

OH and your dealership...... Sadly I bet there's plenty of good folks employed there, but it only takes ONE leader without integrity to stink the whole place up.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
... and here I am with a pitiful 1401 12th gen :geek:
I got er beefed up tho.

·
Premium Member
2021 Powerboost Platinum FX4 Kodiak Brown
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #282 ·
... and here I am with a pitiful 1401 12th gen :geek:
I got er beefed up tho.
That tells me you have a sweeeeet truck Cuz I know why I got 1400 and my friend has 2200.
Although she LOVES her truck every bit as much as I do mine.

What drives me crazy is hers has the smoothest shifting 10r80 of the whole family fleet. 5 different trucks and they all have their own 10r80 signature. At least enough differentiation for me to notice.

Then we have 3 more trucks with 6r80's and they seem very similar to each other.

·
Premium Member
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #283 · (Edited)
Something kind of cool by having an all glass dash is that "scaling" actually changes based on what you choose to display.

If you set a route in navigation, it grabs real estate on the dash and forces a rescale of the speedometer and tachometer. It also pushes the top gauges apart into 2-pairs of gauges.

I actually prefer the smaller tach/speedo. They are crisp enough resolution that you really don't need them to be jumbo.

·
Premium Member
2013 XLT 302A 145" Screw
3,805 Posts
That tells me you have a sweeeeet truck Cuz I know why I got 1400 and my friend has 2200.
Although she LOVES her truck every bit as much as I do mine.

What drives me crazy is hers has the smoothest shifting 10r80 of the whole family fleet. 5 different trucks and they all have their own 10r80 signature. At least enough differentiation for me to notice.

Then we have 3 more trucks with 6r80's and they seem very similar to each other.

I like the 6R80 better than the 10 speeds I have driven. This health system owns a few. Everyone drives them and I just figger the TCM's are confused !
The best running 3.5 Eco and 10R80 I have driven is a lady friend's Lincoln Navigator. It's a hotrod and shifts smooth up and down.

Reactions: snakebitten

·
Premium Member
2013 XLT 302A 145" Screw
3,805 Posts
Something kind of cool be having an all glass dash is that "scaling" actually changes based on what you choose to display.

If you set a route in navigation, it grabs real estate on the dash and forces a rescale of the speedometer and tachometer. It also pushes the top gauges apart into 2-pairs of gauges.

I actually prefer the smaller tach/speedo. They are crisp enough resolution that you really don't need them to be jumbo.

View attachment 173745

I really really like this !

·
Registered
57 Posts
I may get to try out the Powerboost generator this weekend. I have the 7.2 kw version. A hurricane will be visiting CT this Sunday, and power company is predicting up to 50% of their customers could be without power for up to 10 days!

I didn’t expect to be trying it out this soon!

·
Premium Member
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #287 ·
I may get to try out the Powerboost generator this weekend. I have the 7.2 kw version. A hurricane will be visiting CT this Sunday, and power company is predicting up to 50% of their customers could be without power for up to 10 days!

I didn’t expect to be trying it out this soon!
I'd rather you not need it, but if you do you will be feeling like the luckiest fella on the block.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Sure will. I filled the truck up with gas this afternoon so it is ready, if and when needed for power.

On that note, the hand calculated mpg for the trip to Maine were 23.5 going and 23.6 on the return. That includes. Back road tourist driving, some highway traffic slow downs, and 65-70 mph runs. I’m very pleased with that mpg. The built in mpg reading was a few tenths below that. The mpgs is really just a bonus, since the Powerboost is a pleasure to drive, feature rich, …. It’s so comfortable on a trip.

·
Premium Member
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #289 ·
Unless you have an issue with the truck to spoil the honeymoon, I assure you that you will be more and MORE pleased with it as you continue.

It even improves mpg as it gets "broken in".

But that's not what I mean as much as it wins you over in so many other ways. And when you have occasions to actually plug extension chords in and use the F150-Grid you can't help but to become more enamored.

I personally am going through a stage of driving in "Sport" mode because it addresses my one complaint about the truck. I did my best to come to terms with Normal mode's 0-25mph indecisiveness. But Sport Mode, which is such a ridiculous name, absolutely eliminates the clumsy behavior.

Yes, it cost me a couple of mpg on my commute. I don't care anymore. I enjoy the truck so much better. It feels polished. If I could have just ONE request from Ford fulfilled it would be to allow EV cruising in Sport Mode. If they would make that one alteration to the Sport strategy, I could have my cake and eat it too.

·
Premium Member
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #290 ·
I'm kinda bummed to find an option I didn't get on my truck for towing. Honestly, I didn't even know it was available on 2021's.

It's not compatible with the FX4 package, but I'd give that up in a heartbeat for this technology.

·
Registered
131 Posts
The FX4 pkg is almost always ordered on the trucks dealers order for their lots. And it's a $1000 I'd rather not spend. I will not be "rock crawling" with ant 4x4 truck I own. And especially with a PB, I want to save every # I can. Preservation of payload capacity is my utmost desire. The biggest use of my truck is pulling a travel trailer. And all F150's run out of cargo capacity long before they run out of tow capacity.

It's also why I like the step tailgate, I'm reluctant to want one because it must add weight.

·
Registered
57 Posts
the hurricane took a more easterly route and this area of CT had more or less a bad rain storm. Lights flickered a few times, but no need for the Powerboost grid electricity. Prayers go out to those greatly affected by Henri’s path; Those in Tennessee, and other parts of New England.

·
Moderstrator
3,485 Posts
Yea but I'm not yanking yours.

You DO still have a truck, right?

Just thought I'd let the folks following this thread know that @snakebitten sent me the Full-Race exhaust system. It was packaged exceptionally well and that can be a tough feat when you don't have the original packing materials. This showed up in perfect shape yesterday afternoon and I installed it this morning. This system is everything it was claimed to be. It has a little growl but is not obnoxious in any way, there is no drone or rasp whatsoever while seated in the driver's seat. I'm very grateful to be the recipient of this system. Snake thanks so much, I really appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #294 ·
You were supposed to leave it in the box, in the garage, to season for a few months.

It's awesome though, right? The black coating just looks the business!

·
Premium Member
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #295 ·
Once this is in my barn, I will do my best to avoid all oil threads. OK, that's not exactly what I mean but rather I will make some kind of snarky remark about "what oil?"

And I already told Meaz that at some point in the future I would be posting a picture of the Powerboost charging the Lightening. Lol

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Have you checked if there are any calibration or module updates for your Powerboost? I’m curious if they made any tweaks yet.

·
Premium Member
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #297 ·
It keeps telling me that it's "up to date"

I leave it outside the barn overnight about once a week just to give it an opportunity to get any over the air updates available. (barn is metal wall /roof)

There are folks with older builds that say they have received updates, but I don't think I have.

And I'm pretty sure that certain kinds of module updates aren't possible over the air. There's some transmission strategy updates reported that require a dealership visit. Mine has been flawless (relatively) so far, so I haven't let anyone touch it.

Reactions: SrpRacing

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
It keeps telling me that it's "up to date"

I leave it outside the barn overnight about once a week just to give it an opportunity to get any over the air updates available. (barn is metal wall /roof)

There are folks with older builds that say they have received updates, but I don't think I have.

And I'm pretty sure that certain kinds of module updates aren't possible over the air. There's some transmission strategy updates reported that require a dealership visit. Mine has been flawless (relatively) so far, so I haven't let anyone touch it.

At the moment, modules must be updated thru FDRS. Everything but Sync…. I do know your truck uses FDRS and not IDS.

Cloud based updates were suppose to be released end of this year. With what I’m hearing, it was pushed back.

·
Premium Member
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #299 ·
Well, you are more informed than me!

Which isn't really surprising, but I am curious why? Lol

I can tell you though that there's far more to this crazy truck than I have been able to get my head around. The service manual is full of information that you read and then say to yourself "what?" :)

Truck is a bit technologically intimidating. Way too many pieces to the overall puzzle. I'm kinda surprised that they can assemble the whole thing and actually get it 100% right.

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
I'm seriously impressed with the way they are tackling this vehicle. It's not for me personally, I would rather go for the versatility of the Powerboost, but dang this is nice.

281 - 300 of 311 Posts