F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
301 - 304 of 304 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 Powerboost Platinum FX4 Kodiak Brown
9,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #301 · (Edited)
I'm seriously impressed with the way they are tackling this vehicle. It's not for me personally, I would rather go for the versatility of the Powerboost, but dang this is nice.
I admit that I would not have the courage to go EV only. I'm too old to just go all in and paint myself in a 300 mile corner.

But I'm also blessed to not have to make that decision. So I'm 100% convinced that I want one and I will probably climb in it, rather than the Powerboost, for every trip short of a 300 mile round trip. Why wouldn't I? It's probably going to be an absolute blast to drive and will be a legitimate truck experience.

As for practicality and versatility, I'll set up the reverse charge charger of the Lightening on the big house with all the kids, and then have the Powerboost for the RV's during electrical outages. (a way of life in these parts)

I should add that from what I am hearing, if you want a Lightening you might be in for a considerable wait. Although Ford is hyping the release in the spring of next year, the number being manufactured that first year is quite low.
Patience is called for. Can you say Bronco? Lol

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
I admit that I would not have the courage to go EV only. I'm too old to just go all in and paint myself in a 300 mile corner.

But I'm also blessed to not have to make that decision. So I'm 100% convinced that I want one and I will probably climb in it, rather than the Powerboost, for every trip short of a 300 mile round trip. Why wouldn't I? It's probably going to be an absolute blast to drive and will be a legitimate truck experience.

As for practicality and versatility, I'll set up the reverse charge charger of the Lightening on the big house with all the kids, and then have the Powerboost for the RV's during electrical outages. (a way of life in these parts)

I should add that from what I am hearing, if you want a Lightening you might be in for a considerable wait. Although Ford is hyping the release in the spring of next year, the number being manufactured that first year is quite low.
Patience is called for. Can you say Bronco? Lol

Yeah Snake your almost their brother; you already got the PowerBoost all ya need to do is place that order for 2022... Lightening Strikes!!
I am so impressed with the PowerBoost and ALL of its charging capabilities. I mean it IS the delintion of an all multi purpose work & play truck!!
The Lightening is also an interesting prospect? If Ford can stretch the tow mileage it will be a game changer as the PowerBoost is currently.
Now convincing the wife that an EV F150 would look good in the driveway will be a bit of a challenge-lol
Vertebrate Cartoon Motor vehicle Product Organism

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2021 Powerboost Platinum FX4 Kodiak Brown
9,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #304 ·
The elephant that's in the room for RV'ers is going to be the F250/350 with the little battery/motor generator.

You wouldn't even need the complexity of tieing it in as a Hybrid, but just throw the generator feature at the truck. That's such an ingenious piece of packaging for the low co$t. Powering a 50Amp 5th wheel is a no brainer for this option.

GO GET EM FORD!

301 - 304 of 304 Posts