F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
341 - 360 of 377 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 Powerboost Platinum FX4 Kodiak Brown
10,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #341 ·
If my old girlfriend had that 7.2KW Generator in it, it would still be in the barn. :)

You 2 solved my dilemma. I just needed the nudge.
When I mentioned it to my Chevy lovin son-in-law earlier, he said "I didn't want to say anything but I always thought your White truck was the best looking truck you ever had"

That's high praise from him.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
I agree on white, but I’m a huge fan of white. I didn’t mean to put on any pressure with all the decisions on the purchase. Those 22,s you have would look killer on that.

I will always have a white truck. Wife thinks I’m crazy. She says your truck is always so clean nobody will know you bought a new one.
Example below.
Wheel Tire Sky Car Vehicle

·
Premium Member
10,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #343 ·
Don't apologize. You HELPED. :)
I've never bought 2 non-white trucks in a row. Looking back I have purchased white trucks consecutively and I have always returned to white every time I wandered.
I once purchased a black F150 (2010) and traded it in for the same exact truck in white before the first payment was due.
I still have that white F150
I still haven't the white Transit 350
And now I will get my White KingRanch back after a pretty short hiatus.

I should just learn my lesson. This is twice it will co$t me depreciation for my folly.
And yea, I get to go back to 2-sets of Caribou wheels that match the King Ranch accent color. Pretty happy about that too!

·
Premium Member
10,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #345 ·
A little embarrassing to be so excited. But I am.
I really really miss my KingRanch
I tried to be a Platinum guy. It didn't work out 🤪

I'm a cowboy at heart

·
Registered
340 Posts
Wait. I am trying to follow. Did you just sell your kodiak brown power boost for a white one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
10,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #348 ·
No way can I take care of 2 Powerboost trucks at the same time. I will be trading the 2021 in for the 2022 unless something unforseen was to happen.
Or put another way, I ain't counting chickens before they hatch. :)

Although I do own more than one truck, I don't park them. They are being used by family members.

·
Moderstrator
3,612 Posts
Well, there we have it. I guess I can be honest with you now. I liked the way the Kodiak Brown looks when it looks black when the sun is on it and it's chocolate, not so much. I really like Platinum White.

·
Premium Member
10,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #350 ·
Lol.
You never have to hold back with me.
But if you like Kodiak Brown without direct sunlight, then you really just like black.

I get it. Rootbeer ain't your favorite color. :)

·
Premium Member
955 Posts
Just keepin it fresh Snake?

Any significant changes from your current PB? KM

PS: The last got me going back thru the posts as I have not kept up and see the engine changes, payload scale and auto adjusting shocks. More gew-gaws (general stuff not the original meaning), than I could shake a stick at! km

·
Premium Member
10,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #356 ·
Too much chrome too.

Coming to Texas with family. Can a Jersey family meet with my favorite cowboy again?

You KNOW yaw are welcome anytime!

Those towing mirror caps and the front grill are the only chrome I can't order the truck without. The grill is an easy fix, of course, but the mirror caps are going to require paint.

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
You KNOW yaw are welcome anytime!

Those towing mirror caps and the front grill are the only chrome I can't order the truck without. The grill is an easy fix, of course, but the mirror caps are going to require paint.
I thought platinums had more chrome? That’s where my comment derived from. Am I mistaken?

·
Premium Member
10,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #358 ·
I thought platinums had more chrome? That’s where my comment derived from. Am I mistaken?

You are correct. The Platinum is very chrome-jewelry dressed. Don't get me wrong, I love the truck and it's AMAZING that a truck can be so elegant and luxurious while still being fully capable of truck duties,.... but I'm swapping it for a different suit. Rather than Executive Dinner suit, I'm going back to Western Business attire. Lol

Or at least I intend to. Who can possibly predict when it will arrive and WILL the handshake agreement be honored? John Wayne has been gone a long time and handshakes don't always mean what they did in John Wayne's Era. :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
You are correct. The Platinum is very chrome-jewelry dressed. Don't get me wrong, I love the truck and it's AMAZING that a truck can be so elegant and luxurious while still being fully capable of truck duties,.... but I'm swapping it for a different suit. Rather than Executive Dinner suit, I'm going back to Western Business attire. Lol

Or at least I intend to. Who can possibly predict when it will arrive and WILL the handshake agreement be honored? John Wayne has been gone a long time and handshakes don't always mean what they did in John Wayne's Era. :)
congrats on your ordering your new WHITE Kine Ranch PB!

wonder when Ford will announce the 2022 F-150s.

·
Premium Member
10,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #360 ·
Thanks!

The order is a 2022 order, but I honestly don't know when 2022 build week #1 is.
I also thought my order was still a 2021 order because I built it on Fords 2021 website and sent it to the dealership.
When Ford sent me the email confirming the order, that's the first I had heard that it'll be a 2022.

341 - 360 of 377 Posts