F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
361 - 377 of 377 Posts

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Thanks!

The order is a 2022 order, but I honestly don't know when 2022 build week #1 is.
I also thought my order was still a 2021 order because I built it on Fords 2021 website and sent it to the dealership.
When Ford sent me the email confirming the order, that's the first I had heard that it'll be a 2022.
If you can believe anything they put out right now, 2022 scheduling begins 10/14/21 and production start-up is 12/6/2021.

·
Premium Member
2021 Powerboost Platinum FX4 Kodiak Brown
10,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #362 ·
So we upgraded the XL Powerboost at work for towing an RV to remote locations for servicing aircraft. The RV is really nice but the oem suspension wasn't up to the task for fellas not used to towing.

Load E
Airbags
Rear Helwig Antisway
Bilsteins
WDH
And of course onboard generator. And 2000lbs of Payload capacity. :)

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Sky

Automotive tire Wheel Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Automotive fuel system

Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Motor vehicle

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Automotive design Tire

·
Premium Member
2013 XLT 302A 145" Screw
4,083 Posts
Awesome !

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
A little embarrassing to be so excited. But I am.
I really really miss my KingRanch
I tried to be a Platinum guy. It didn't work out 🤪

I'm a cowboy at heart
Being excited when you pick up or order a new Ford is in our DNA!

My first ordered vehicle was an '86 Mustang GT. When I got the call from the dealership telling me that my car was in I couldn't get there fast enough. I was 22 at the time and 57 now. Nothing like taking delivery of your new ride!

·
Registered
394 Posts
I priced one out like I wanted but 70k isn’t in my budget. Such an awesome truck.

Pair a Powerboost with a Lightning and you could have a winning combo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
10,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #366 ·
For some trim levels, adding the Powerboost drivetrain is only about $2500.
Then upping the inverter to 7.2KW is another $750
In my opinion THAT'S an amazing bargain.

The real dilemma is just how expensive an F150 (or any vehicle) is today VS a decade ago.

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
I just saw a guy over on the other forum is running an XLT powerboost with Baja Kit long travel up front and a raptor axle in the rear along with Fiberwerx fenders. Its a pretty sweet truck.

Its on 35’s with 4.10’s and he said it would not run in electric mode anymore unless he was basically coasting.

·
Premium Member
10,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #368 ·
EV mode on this truck is available within some rather narrow parameters, as far as I can gather. It's not a big electric motor, by EV standards, and the battery is tiny.
Compared to the typical hybrid, and in my case the Ford Cmax/Fusion hybrid that I had for a couple of years, the Powerboost doesn't have a big enough motor to actually carry the weight of the truck during acceleration. Especially not from a standstill. It will carry the truck at parking lot speeds and idling in drive of course, but the moment you make any significant torque request, ICE is initiated.
The biggest return on the EV only capability is on cruise control at speeds less than about 60 mph. If you are cruising at say 30-40mph, the electric motor can easily sustain the truck and you can get about 20-25% of your mileage on that trip as EV miles. That's the fellas that are getting or exceeding the 24mpg rating.
I suspect it is possible for someone to make modifications to the truck that narrow the EV parameters substantially if they cross some "torque requirements" to move the truck down the road. But still the electric motor is supplying some percentage of the torque required, but it varies based on the battery charge condition.

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
EV mode on this truck is available within some rather narrow parameters, as far as I can gather. It's not a big electric motor, by EV standards, and the battery is tiny.
Compared to the typical hybrid, and in my case the Ford Cmax/Fusion hybrid that I had for a couple of years, the Powerboost doesn't have a big enough motor to actually carry the weight of the truck during acceleration. Especially not from a standstill. It will carry the truck at parking lot speeds and idling in drive of course, but the moment you make any significant torque request, ICE is initiated.
The biggest return on the EV only capability is on cruise control at speeds less than about 60 mph. If you are cruising at say 30-40mph, the electric motor can easily sustain the truck and you can get about 20-25% of your mileage on that trip as EV miles. That's the fellas that are getting or exceeding the 24mpg rating.
I suspect it is possible for someone to make modifications to the truck that narrow the EV parameters substantially if they cross some "torque requirements" to move the truck down the road. But still the electric motor is supplying some percentage of the torque required, but it varies based on the battery charge condition.
I wonder if part of the issue is that the BCM/PCM still thinks its on 33’s with 3.73’s. I have a feeling that can throw a lot of stuff out of whack.

Is forscan able to adjust those things on the 2021’s like it could on the past trucks?

Reactions: snakebitten

·
Premium Member
10,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #370 ·
You probably are on to something!
Similar to the fellas that leveled their CCD suspension trucks and the system no longer could vary the damping. Turns out you can take it to the dealer and they "recalibrate" (reset?) the sensors and the CCD function returns.

Forscan has caught up considerably on the 2021's from when they were first released. At least for the most common modifications. I haven't looked to see specifically for tire diameter but I believe you can now. They just released a new version about 5 days ago (?) that has even more functionality.

·
Premium Member
10,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #372 ·
I haven't noticed them being significantly lower than the 18, but I can't say that I have paid focused attention to it either. What's far more obvious is that Ford decided to lower the ECT about 15-18F. And the Powerboost specifically uses less boost to meet typical driving torque demand. I don't know how much of that is a result of electric motor torque available or if there's more to it than that.

I'll get a few readings for you. Are there any specific driving techniques you want to check against? Note that I had my louvers unplugged on my tuned 18. I haven't done anything to alter the 2021.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Thanks Snake! Oh nothing in particular….maybe just a few glances when your cruising and/or under load? I highly doubt Ford made a dramatic change to the intercooler.

Does your powerboost model have the intercooler fans like my raptor?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Well. it's happened. I received an email from ford giving me the VIN for my new Power Boost, and a build Date, which is 12/13/21.

Now the wait begins both for the truck to be built and for the build date to be changed.
The new truck will be a Power Boost, 4x4, Supercrew, 6.5' bed, Carbonized Grey Metallic, XLT 302A, 7.2KW generator, Trailer Tow Package, Tow Mirrors, Partitioned Lockable Storage under the rear seat, Power Adjustable Pedals, 360 Degree Cameras.

·
Premium Member
10,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #376 ·
That's going to be a wicked truck!
I haven't received a build date.
I think Dec 12th is first build date for 2022 model, so you were at the front of the line.

I'm almost as excited for you as you are. Lol

·
Premium Member
2013 XLT 302A 145" Screw
4,083 Posts
The new truck will be a Power Boost, 4x4, Supercrew, 6.5' bed, Carbonized Grey Metallic, XLT 302A, 7.2KW generator, Trailer Tow Package, Tow Mirrors, Partitioned Lockable Storage under the rear seat, Power Adjustable Pedals, 360 Degree Cameras.
I can't wait to see this !

Reactions: Atlee
361 - 377 of 377 Posts