F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
601 - 620 of 683 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 Powerboost Platinum FX4 Kodiak Brown.... Oops, I mean 2022 Powergrid KingRanch in Shiney White
12,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #601 · (Edited)
My XLT Power Boost with just the regular Tow Package (not Max Tow) also has 3 leafs.
View attachment 178258
That's interesting. You can't trust the automotive magazines (online) anymore.
I think it was Car&Driver "deep dive" (edit: Autoblog, not Car&Driver) on the Gen14 suspension changes from Gen13, and they addressed the new IWE that was electric. But they stated it still had a vacuum line going to it too so it became fact and quoted on every imaginable Ford Truck forum.

And then someone mentioned that if they would have just trace the line up the wheel well they would have discovered that the hose vented to atmosphere. It was a vent line, similar to other vent lines on a truck.

Anyways, I'll go fetch the source for "Ford has switched to a single leaf rear end"
(They don't count that leaf at the bottom for some reason that I can't remember)

Thanks for clarifying. :)

·
Premium Member
5,824 Posts
Dang ol square shocks tho. Times they are a changin.

·
Premium Member
2021 Powerboost Platinum FX4 Kodiak Brown.... Oops, I mean 2022 Powergrid KingRanch in Shiney White
12,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #603 ·
The shock is actually round.
The onboard scale is built into a housing that appears to double as a mudshield for the piston.

One wire enters into the shock body for the active damping.
The second harness is for the scale assembly.

Tire Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

Automotive tire Bicycle tire White Black Motor vehicle

·
Premium Member
707 Posts
These new F150's are incredible! But I wonder if anyone will ever sell "justa trucks" again? Like no fancy electronics or gizmos or video game dashboards or MPG gauges. :unsure: I still recall almost getting into a wreck when I traded my 2000 F150 in on my first Ecoboost - 2013 XLT FX2. The dash amazed me and took all my attention off the road that day.

·
Premium Member
12,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #605 ·
Credit Autoblog:

Single leaf 2021 XLT

Wheel Tire Bicycle Automotive tire Light

Reactions: Arkansas Eco

·
Premium Member
12,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #606 ·
These new F150's are incredible! But I wonder if anyone will ever sell "justa trucks" again? Like no fancy electronics or gizmos or video game dashboards or MPG gauges. :unsure: I still recall almost getting into a wreck when I traded my 2000 F150 in on my first Ecoboost - 2013 XLT FX2. The dash amazed me and took all my attention off the road that day.
The XL is relatively stripped. But, and it's a BUT, it more resembles an XLT with just a dash of 302A.

8" touchscreen Sync4
Electric windows and cruise control and steering wheel buttons. We purchased that XL Powerboost with ZERO options. $43k MSRP.
It's an awesome truck considering it's where the F150 3.5 Ecoboost/Powerboost 7.2KW starts.

·
Premium Member
12,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #608 ·
Thanks my friend.
It's just a bunch of Powerboost Rambling. :)

You do realize I titled the thread supporting my tendencies. 😁

·
Premium Member
12,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #609 ·
This should be posted in "what made my day", but in the spirit of a-kid-at-Christmas.... Lol

So I brew up a roady cup of my favorite and pour it into a disposable hot beverage cup. I notice I only have one left. I get in the truck and slip it into the drink cubby.

Car Gear shift Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive lighting

Then I TELL MY TRUCK" add coffee cups to my grocery list please"

The truck responds in the most pleasant voice "coffee cups added to Bruce's grocery list"

Oh how I wish my mom was sitting next to me so that after she looked at me with that "what just happened" look on her face, I'd then hand her my phone and show her the accumulating grocery list waiting for my next grocery run.

She would just be thrilled with marvel.

·
Premium Member
12,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #610 ·
Looks like your typical Crew Cab back seat.
(huge interior being one of the hallmarks of the F150)

Car Vehicle Car seat cover Plant Motor vehicle

But something different lies beneath.
OH, and @Boatwaco , completely analog! :)

Automotive tire Hood Tire Motor vehicle Bumper

What's this you ask?
I think Ford included it as a concession for the removal of Park Assist due to chip shortages. At least I think I read that somewhere. I know I didn't order it in my build.

Automotive tire Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Hood

And it's a nice seat support for the heavier adults. 😳

Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Car seat cover Automotive design

·
Premium Member
707 Posts
I’ve got an under seat analog lock box too! I really like mine even if it doesn’t hide in the floor. :D

Reactions: snakebitten

·
Premium Member
12,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #612 ·
Wait. Yours locks?
Ford screwed me. 🤣🤣🤣

·
Premium Member
707 Posts
Wait. Yours locks?
Ford screwed me. 🤣🤣🤣
Aftermarket- Tuffy with Cobrafoam custom inserts. I’ve changed key locks to 3 digit combo locks since taking these pictures.

Plant Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle Light

Tire Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Tread

Plant Automotive tire Motor vehicle Product Hood

·
Premium Member
12,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #614 ·
Ahhhh. Now I see why it locks!

Reactions: Boatwaco

·
Registered
2015 Ford F-150 Lariat Screw 5.5' | 3.5 Eco | 4x4 3.55 Max Tow | 33's, Edge CS2, Kicker PowerStage
311 Posts
Wait. Yours locks?
Ford screwed me.
Isn’t there a keyhole near the base of the seat bottom toward the rear bulkhead?

With that contraption i thought it included the ability to lock the seats in the down position, and voilà yours locks too…?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Boatwaco

·
Premium Member
12,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #617 ·
Hmmmmm. I don't know. I'll take a look now for sure. :)

It takes a lot of time and effort to discover what alls included with a Ford truck.

·
Premium Member
12,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #620 ·
I'm too old for this kind of task. My hands aren't light and steady like a young fella. Soap to the rescue several times.

Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Tire Automotive lighting

Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Grille Car Vehicle

Grille Vehicle Automotive lighting White Car

I preferred the ones that I applied to my 2018, but that source said that he hasn't done any Gen14 yet. He promised that he would though and reach out to me. They are stiff and 3D and easier to work with. And he matches the Caribou perfectly.
These are close though.

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Car Vehicle

601 - 620 of 683 Posts