F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
621 - 640 of 683 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 Powerboost Platinum FX4 Kodiak Brown.... Oops, I mean 2022 Powergrid KingRanch in Shiney White
12,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #622 ·
Close!
The one's on the 18 were kinda reflective at night.
But I liked them because they had substance to them.
We'll see how these hold up.

At least the tailgate doesn't look like the factory forgot to finish it.
I'd rather have no stamping than a blank stamping.

The Gen12 tailgate is still the classiest looking to me.

Reactions: Arkansas Eco

·
Moderstrator
4,097 Posts
You're not thinking back far enough but I know you remember them. Like from the 80's, shiny multi-faceted, rainbow reflective stickers. They're so old I can't find a pic of them to show you.

·
Premium Member
2021 Powerboost Platinum FX4 Kodiak Brown.... Oops, I mean 2022 Powergrid KingRanch in Shiney White
12,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #625 ·
Ahhhh

That DOES take me back.
That was pretty hi-tech materials too, in the day.

I still have me and Brenda's pick-up back window urban cowboy license plates. And yea, we danced a few times at Gilleys.

·
Premium Member
12,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #626 ·
Next up for Alexa 😁 is ridding the fake engine noise. And NOPE, not the fake engine noise you might be thinking of. I WISH I was talking about fake Coyote noise because that's a melody compared to the nasty sound I'm referring to.
The Powerboost makes so many different strange noises that it's hard to isolate them in your brain and know what to be concerned with and what to ignore. Thus this project.

This video explains it all.
(I have the device but chose not to install/Uninstall it on the Platinum since I knew the new truck was coming)

·
Premium Member
707 Posts
Interesting solution. It’s a shame you can’t run a longer wire to the cab and plug this in there; so you could unplug it easily and reconnect the speaker quickly. Or can you?

·
Premium Member
12,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #629 · (Edited)
Snake is the fake engine noise an alert for deer or other animals?
A deer can hear a twig snap from a 100 yards.
So it can't be for them.
It's for the same and very specific species that just so happens to be piloting the vehicle too.

Tesla meets the same legal requirement with very clever ways. I was watching a customer at my Ford Dealership showing off his wife's Tesla outside to the sales staff. He could choose various "sounds" to broadcast as the "pedestrian alert" and had managed to create a wicked V8 exhaust sound. It was magnificent and hilarious at the same time.

Ford is too traditional to think like that. They are definitely ALL IN on becoming a software company no doubt. Trust me. They are already, even though they aren't very polished at it. But they decided to equip the EV pedestrian alert with a very unimaginative sound track and it's horrible in a quiet rural setting.

·
Premium Member
12,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #630 · (Edited)
Interesting solution. It’s a shame you can’t run a longer wire to the cab and plug this in there; so you could unplug it easily and reconnect the speaker quickly. Or can you?
It's just a 4 ohm resistor to fool the pcm to believing the speaker is present. I'm guessing some electronics savvy fella could come up with a remote switch for enabling/disabling the hack.

I'll take a good picture of the one the guy built for me. He did a really professional job and it even has my name on it. Very weatherproof and well constructed.

·
Premium Member
12,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #631 ·
After a year, finally that eery dead quiet experience.

What's called a lower radiator support in both the video and the documentation is actually the Intercooler support. But I forgive them. :)

Automotive tire Gadget Font Gauge Technology

The blue cap was printed and included and you can barely see it capping of the speaker connector to protect against weather.

Liquid Light Bottle Fluid Automotive lighting

·
Premium Member
5,824 Posts
You need a build thread !

Reactions: Boatwaco

·
Premium Member
707 Posts
^ great idea!

·
Premium Member
12,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #634 ·
Nope
Not gonna happen
I ain't building a truck
Did that. It's all here in historical archive glory.
It was truly an exciting experience and I learned so much here. But you aren't allowed to say bucket-list as many times as I did and then ever go to the well again.

I am simply, as the ladies say, accessorizing. :)

All under the category of rambling

·
Premium Member
12,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #636 ·
Love the audience!

·
Premium Member
12,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #638 ·
I did exactly that the first time the camera cut to the audience. 🤣

·
Premium Member
12,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #640 ·
Fixing to add a slight "get out of the way" night time rear view mirror enhancement.

You gotta start with an open hood. A glance at potentially the most complex engine compartment of the F150

Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design Automotive fuel system

621 - 640 of 683 Posts