·
Moderstrator
1,501 Posts

·
Premium Member
2022 Powergrid KingRanch in Sparkle White
13,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #804 ·
Come on guys. Nobody can get their hands on one of these unless there's some serious shenanigans going on. :)

There's still about 180,000 reservations not allotted yet. I'm in line, but not anywhere near the front. Lol

I'm thoroughly enjoying my truck while I wait my turn. And even when that day comes it won't be a Platinum. It'll be completely the other end of the spectrum. I want a $39,999 Lightning.

·
Premium Member
13,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #805 ·
These boys are having a ball playing with trucks.
All kinds of trucks.
But this is the craziest idea yet!

·
Premium Member
13,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #807 ·
That's a great idea!

If I was just a little healthier (read younger stamina) I would love to be the chase/scout bike (motorcycle) and thus check off a bucket-list item AND eyewitness to TFL tomfoolery.

·
Premium Member
13,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #808 ·
I'm putting together a light no-tow quick getaway boondocking rig. It's for those spontaneous moments when I want to eat some good seafood and sleep under the stars on the beach. Wake up and and make a good cup of coffee, watch the sunrise, and head back home

(a recent post here on the forum triggered my impulsive behavior. So thanks you fellow inmate)

Wheel Tire Vehicle Plant Automotive side marker light

Added the living room in case some grandkids wanna come with me

Tire Cloud Sky Tent Wheel

Gadget Vehicle Output device Automotive design Automotive exterior

·
Registered
289 Posts
I was way behind reading through the ramblings and finally caught up. All the technology in this thing is really amazing. It would be pretty awesome if there was some way to increase your battery capacity. You're making me want to go broke and buy my own to geek out on...

·
Premium Member
13,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #811 ·
You actually read all 800 posts?
That's remarkable. I just looked and it's now 13 months of Powerboost rambling.

I will say this at the risk of it coming across as a boast..... If you knew nothing of the Powerboost and were looking for a single place to do a deep dive, I do think this is the deepest one available. But brevity is not my virtue, so for that this source can be painful. Lol

By the way, I have many unanswered questions regarding the Powerboost with the features this truck is equipped with. I scour relentlessly looking for things like CCD specifics. I'm convinced that there's untapped gold in the ability to "tune" it to personal preferences. But it's so new to the F150 and it's not enough of a sibling to the Raptor that it's less likely the aftermarket is interested in cracking it. Currently there's a stunning lack of information considering how long Ford has been using the technology on various products.

Anyways, thanks for sharing. That's very flattering. :)
And I'm pleased to hear that the thread represents the Powerboost as a temptation!

·
Premium Member
13,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #812 ·
I almost got the bed tent as an accessory and might do it with my 42,000 FordPass points. This is not the one that is the Ford accessory, yah?
I don't think I've seen the one Ford offers.
I'll take a look. This specific one is the Napier Sport for the 6.5' bed.
I really don't think there's a big difference between the various brands that are popular, but I chose this specific one because the optional ground tent that is designed to attach to it. I don't know how critical that one feature will play out yet.

·
Registered
289 Posts

I will say this at the risk of it coming across as a boast..... If you knew nothing of the Powerboost and were looking for a single place to do a deep dive, I do think this is the deepest one available. But brevity is not my virtue, so for that this source can be painful. Lol

By the way, I have many unanswered questions regarding the Powerboost with the features this truck is equipped with. I scour relentlessly looking for things like CCD specifics. I'm convinced that there's untapped gold in the ability to "tune" it to personal preferences. But it's so new to the F150 and it's not enough of a sibling to the Raptor that it's less likely the aftermarket is interested in cracking it. Currently there's a stunning lack of information considering how long Ford has been using the technology on various products.

And I'm pleased to hear that the thread represents the Powerboost as a temptation!
I probably did read all 800ish. I'm thorough like that 😆. It's the engineer in me.

·
Moderstrator
1,501 Posts
I thought the Ford tent was a Napier tent.
I’ve had a couple in the past - I do like those Napier Sport tents!

Reactions: snakebitten

·
Premium Member
13,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #815 ·
I thought the Ford tent was a Napier tent.
I’ve had a couple in the past - I do like those Napier Sport tents!
If that's so, I wasted a chance to use those points myself. 🙄🤣

·
Registered
128 Posts

I really want the Powerboost. I think I’m going to place an order for a 2023. Probably a fully loaded Lariat. So much awesome tech. It’s the adaptive cruise control that I want most the rest will just be more fun stuff.

My knee gets sore after a few hours driving and that what it takes to get to the cabin.

·
Premium Member
13,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #818 ·
Look at that sweet stepside.
(I don't know how I missed this post)

It's pretty cold at night up there for a tent?

Reactions: Boatwaco
801 - 820 of 842 Posts