F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
821 - 840 of 842 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,696 Posts
Lol, definitely not in the summer time. I think our low tonight is 55.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Our low is 80. I'm jealous !

• Haha
Reactions: Boatwaco

·
Premium Member
6,696 Posts
Wow same !
Font Science Electric blue Circle Gas
Font Screenshot Software Electric blue Terrestrial plant

• Wow

·
Premium Member
6,696 Posts
Yes we are finally gonna get sone rain this week looks like ! Maybe alot friday night and saturday ! YIPPEEE ! (severe drought here)

·
Premium Member
4,961 Posts
Now you know why I am not just going for putting AC in the Cargo trailer. Usually cool enough at night that you don't need it. Although, I much prefer when it gets into the 40's at night for camping. I sleep much better.

·
Moderstrator
1,501 Posts
If that's so, I wasted a chance to use those points myself. 🙄🤣
Still looking to add the Sportz Link to the Sportz Tent? I found a coupon code insert in my Sportz Tent box just now!

·
Premium Member
2022 Powergrid KingRanch in Sparkle White
13,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #827 ·
Thanks for the heads-up but I bought them both simultaneously. Stacked them for now, like somebody I know. 😁

Looking forward to the first hint of night temps into the 60's. I'll practice rigging the gear once and then I'm heading to a cool night's breeze listening to the waves.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Not powerboost related, but your next truck😆. It's not done the greatest, but still kinda interesting. They wanted to average 70mph with a 2910 imagine 🙄.

·
Premium Member
13,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #829 ·
I had read that article. Definitely NOT a good mission for the F150 EV. (or any EV)

It was interesting that the wind resistance was a much bigger toll on the battery than the trailer weight, but not anything surprising to the RV towing folks around here. :)

And yea, they like to tow FAST.

·
Premium Member
13,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #830 ·
So, Livnitup, the Forscan wizard has done it!
He's mapped the VDM module. :)

Obviously I don't know what to do or where to start or even if I can get the intended results, but dang if it doesn't look enticing!

Gotta hand it to the Russian Ford Geeks too.

Note: the multiple Pids in Forscan line up with these too. Gotta get some data logging going.

Font Material property Screenshot Parallel Document

Font Screenshot Parallel Number Document

Font Parallel Number Document Screenshot

·
Moderstrator
1,501 Posts
Back everything up - twice! One copy on your pc and one out in the cloud (somebody else’s pc) - before making changes.

Reactions: snakebitten

·
Premium Member
13,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #832 ·
All my AsBuilt data from the truck while it was still on the choochoo train was downloaded and saved to my cloud account.
Which is crazy if you think about it. I hadn't seen the truck yet.

Also, anytime an OTA update or FDRS update is applied, I save the new AsBuilt backup just in case Ford altered it during the update.

·
Premium Member
13,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #833 ·
So first whimsical idea I pondered.....

Just edit the unsprung mass value for each corner of the truck? In other words, tell a big fat lie about how heavy the wheel/tire package is at each corner and let the algorithm adjust the damping accordingly.

Could it be THAT easy to "tune" the factory CCD into increased damping by some value? Similar to adjusting the knobs on a Fox 2.5 with DSC?

A digital version of :

Camera accessory Gadget Cameras & optics Audio equipment Font

·
Registered
2015 Ford F-150 Lariat Screw 5.5' | 3.5 Eco | 4x4 3.55 Max Tow | 33's, Tuned by BoostKing
478 Posts
Before you go down this journey, are you planning to pop the RAS off and go back to square one?

And did it get you closer to where you wanted to be?
I might have missed that ramble.

·
Premium Member
13,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #835 · (Edited)
:)
I've rambled on RAS a few times, but I'm not sure how much in this thread or another. Probably in a couple of places, as well as the other forum.

Edit: post #684 RAS shipment arrived

But to answer your question.....
I don't know what the result will be, if any, just because I have the good fortune of the VDM mapping. Afterall, I still don't have enough information to know what the current ASbuilt values equal, nor what to change them to just to see if I get A result, much less the result I'm looking for.

But admittedly I'm an optimist and I believe I AM one step closer to gaining access to the damping settings in CCD!

As for that resulting in me removing RAS? I doubt it. Afterall, I can always back them off to almost zero influence and still have them available for if/when I tow. Of course at that point I would be using them in a more traditional role.

In case you haven't picked up on it, I love this stuff as much or more as chasing horsepower. The truck comes with go-fast power from the factory. :)

·
Premium Member
13,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #836 ·
So I guess it's reasonable to conclude exactly how much gas It takes to get from the barn to the office?
That'd be 1 gallon, give or take a thimble?

Gauge Speedometer Odometer Fuel gauge Auto part

·
Premium Member
13,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #837 ·
While the Lightning predictably draws the full gamut of responses in the TFL video log of driving to the Arctic Ocean in an EV F150, the support vehicle was quietly in the background and was a KingRanch Powerboost. :)

You know I can't resist.

·
Premium Member
13,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #838 ·
Well I declare! Can you believe it?
A product that is actually purposely built to accommodate The Powerboost!
(both the unique location of a crossmember and the exhaust)

Gas Machine Auto part Engineering Metal

But that's not even close to the coolest thing about this product. Instead, it's the story of who makes it. :)

In summary, a husband and a wife, both nurses by trade, started in their little garage using a laser table he built himself. The story is heartwarmingly the American Dream in real time.

A cool video of them going ALL IN
(from the perspective of a vendor delivering their new CNC laser)

But even cooler than that? They happen to be in Houston. I think I might just mosey on up-over to the Big City soon and meet them. And just for fun, I might see if they are willing to do a bit of customization to the product to accommodate a quick access to the oil filter. (they have a really nice access door to the oil drain plug)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Well I declare! Can you believe it?
A product that is actually purposely built to accommodate The Powerboost!
(both the unique location of a crossmember and the exhaust)

But that's not even close to the coolest thing about this product. Instead, it's the story of who makes it. :)

In summary, a husband and a wife, both nurses by trade, started in their little garage using a laser table he built himself. The story is heartwarmingly the American Dream in real time.

A cool video of them going ALL IN
(from the perspective of a vendor delivering their new CNC laser)

But even cooler than that? They happen to be in Houston. I think I might just mosey on up-over to the Big City soon and meet them. And just for fun, I might see if they are willing to do a bit of customization to the product to accommodate a quick access to the oil filter. (they have a really nice access door to the oil drain plug)
I saw those and was very interested. You've had much more experience with the inner workings of the PowerBoost, would you anticipate any cooling issues? Those plates really seem to close off the bottom of the truck.

·
Premium Member
13,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #840 ·
I honestly don't know.
But just guessing, the transmission is a liquid/liquid exchange and I don't think it would be affected. What else should be considered?

I would be curious to compare ECT's to see if that front plate is inhibiting airflow through the coolant stack. If it did, I wonder if simply opening it up with some holes would address it?
Also, these trucks have real holes in the fenders where the badges are. You don't really have a tight seal with the hood closed by any stretch of the imagination. (Something I think I'm happy about even if the badge had to be kinda hefty to trim that big opening)

Ironically these kinds of products are now marketed, and legitimately, as cat-theft deterrents. So it's not just the traditional "skid plate" selling points.

821 - 840 of 842 Posts