F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
841 - 860 of 888 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,141 Posts
Do the skids cover any exhaust ? If so, could hold in heat that would affect adjacent components.

·
Premium Member
2022 Powergrid KingRanch in Sparkle White
14,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #842 ·
I think those vent-holes are in the area of the downpipe, and then you can see that it's open/uncovered once the Y becomes the cat-back

Motor vehicle Automotive design Gas Automotive exterior Engineering

·
Premium Member
14,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #843 ·
The 2022 F150's lost the ambient light in the cup holders (I think I posted previously), and in the lower portion of each door. (the upper handle area still has ambient lighting)

I really cool old man provided me with part#'s and said hurry up because it's getting tough to find a source that has all 4.

I went to my dealership after running into exactly what I was warned about. The part's guy didn't act confident about getting them either based on whatever he was seeing on his screen as he looked each number up. But I convinced him that I was not holding him responsible for anything, but was willing to order and see what happens. :)

Well it took quite a while, but look what arrived. Together!

Sky Azure Font Cumulus Handwriting

Azure Textile Sleeve Grey Wood

I'm getting really close to having a 2022 with all the features unavailable for 2021, and with all the features a 2021 had that was unavailable for 2022.

Just takes tenacious research and the patience of Job. Lol

·
Moderstrator
1,913 Posts
I have, in my parts to install inventory, an ambient light kit which I once had the same added to my 2013 F150. Just need cooler days to install it.

·
Premium Member
14,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #845 · (Edited)
So once I confirmed that Walmart really does ship the oil free that they unwittingly scheduled for pickup because their inventory records aren't accurate, I hate to admit that I feel like I scammed them by repeating the procedure. Sure enough they scheduled for pickup the next day and then offered free shipping because they couldn't fill the order.

I'm like Mass-hole now with stocking my own oil reserves. :) And I gotta admit that at these ridiculous low prices for the oil I am running, changing it again was painle$$. Lol

Besides, I wanted to install the Fumoto valve anyways so that from here on out oil changes are basically tooless!

Added my digital oil change receipt to my OneDrive records for the truck. (think it would hold up as evidence of an oil change? 3500 miles)

Font Line Material property Screenshot Logo

I'm waiting on Blackstone from the factory fill I drained at ~1500 miles
Then a couple from this Quaker State stuff.

Then I'll decide if I'm going back to Amsoil 0W-40

You can count on me being open about it either way.
The engine is absolutely quiet even with the hood open. Very pleased with this motor so far.

·
Premium Member
14,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #847 ·
I'd love to be in the UP right now!
Although I suspect it's going to start getting chilly at night pretty soon?

You know I have a soft spot for those sparkly white & Caribou Ford's, but that one has the chrome package so he didn't get the classic 2-tone KingRanch wheels. Looks short too. By about a foot? 🤣

Wheel Tire Car Automotive parking light Land vehicle

·
Registered
344 Posts

You know I have a soft spot for those sparkly white & Caribou Ford's, but that one has the chrome package so he didn't get the classic 2-tone KingRanch wheels. Looks short too. By about a foot? 🤣
Yeah, it's got too much chrome, and a little short. It's the only other King Ranch I've seen other than yours.
It's not too cold up there at night yet. Still in the 50's. Won't be too long though and the snow will be flying.

·
Registered
757 Posts

View attachment 181706
I will take truck #2 please. Loos so much better.

·
Premium Member
14,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #850 ·
I love seeing this truck being 100% immaculately kept day in and day out. The kid that it is delegated to takes so much pride in it.
You can't say that about most company supplied vehicles. :)

He no longer does his daily paperwork in the facility. He said the truck is the best office he could ever ask for.

You know I knew that he knew what I know when he told me that. Lol

Wheel Tire Truck Vehicle Car

·
Premium Member
7,141 Posts
That thang needs fenderwell liners badly.

·
Premium Member
14,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #852 ·
Took a while for our Canadian neighbor-manufacturer to get them in stock for the rear mat that accommodates the optional underseat foldable storage, but they just notified me they have them. And free shipping!

Will be my first time using something other than Husky or Weathertech, but these folks raise the bar on coverage.

Car Vehicle Gear shift Motor vehicle Automotive design

Automotive design Automotive lighting Personal luxury car Motor vehicle Automotive exterior

Car Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design Car seat cover

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
I love seeing this truck being 100% immaculately kept day in and day out. The kid that it is delegated to takes so much pride in it.
You can't say that about most company supplied vehicles. :)

He no longer does his daily paperwork in the facility. He said the truck is the best office he could ever ask for.

You know I knew that he knew what I know when he told me that. Lol

View attachment 181796
That is without doubt the cleanest company truck I've seen! (y) (y)

Reactions: snakebitten

·
Premium Member
14,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #854 ·
3 White Powerboost at the office today.

An XL that is at the lowest possible spot on the build site as possible.
A Limited, literally the inverse. In fact, it is the XL with another XL's value solely in options. Remarkable when you think about it.
And then some old coot's Powerboost as the third.

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Moderstrator
1,913 Posts
OK - I saw this article on a tear-drop camper that actually has a battery - to extend the range of an EV like the Lightning. But I wonder if something like this could be utilized on a PowerBoost Hybrid to keep the electric motor engaged longer / delay kicking over to the ICE? Would that even be possible or make sense to do? Basically an extra battery in a trailer?

Ford EVs Could One Day Tow A Range-Extending Teardrop Trailer (fordauthority.com)

Reactions: rjschatts

·
Registered
82 Posts
OK - I saw this article on a tear-drop camper that actually has a battery - to extend the range of an EV like the Lightning. But I wonder if something like this could be utilized on a PowerBoost Hybrid to keep the electric motor engaged longer / delay kicking over to the ICE? Would that even be possible or make sense to do? Basically an extra battery in a trailer?

Ford EVs Could One Day Tow A Range-Extending Teardrop Trailer (fordauthority.com)

According to this website, same teardrop company, says it won’t charge in motion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
14,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #860 ·
Walking back to the RV from the chicken coop and the truck lit up like a Christmas Tree?
I know when you have it in update mode it will light up, but that's with FDRS plugged into the ODB and accessory power on.
This?
Nobody is in the truck and it was dormant when I had walked by 5 minutes before.

Plant Automotive lighting Natural environment Road surface Asphalt

Automotive lighting Lighting Asphalt Headlamp Vehicle

I fetched the keys and got in and turned it on accessory power and the headlights went to parking lights only.
Shut it off and everything back to normal.

Hmmmmmm

It would make some sense if it was receiving an update. I did get an email yesterday telling me to expect one. (others have reported receiving theirs the last few days)

Publication Font Book Electric blue Book cover

841 - 860 of 888 Posts