861 - 880 of 888 Posts

·
Moderstrator
1,913 Posts

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
Like Darth Vader said, "Impressive, most impressive"

If I was walking down that dirt road and my truck did that....Christine? No that was a Plymouth Fury.

·
Premium Member
2022 Powergrid KingRanch in Sparkle White
14,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #865 ·
I might have stumbled on something related to the recent Christine-like behavior of the truck? If not, it's just a strange coincidence?

But suddenly yesterday a Gateway Module update became available and it's the first update of substance since it left the assembly line.
The Gateway module is exactly what its name implies. In my opinion it is the most crucial component for this whole brave new world where the manufacturer brings the traditional dealership service bay TO the truck!

It was 153 megabytes of code. Rumors are that it is preparing the truck for the next round of advanced updates via OTA. (like lane changing being added to the hands-free driving. Scalable Android Auto and Carplay. Alexa for 2021 trucks. Etc)

The widget on my phone is reporting that my hood is up.

Font Input device Technology Automotive tire Fictional character

That'd be accurate since it spent the night on my porch.

Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Grille

Since I plugged the new truck into FDRS for the first time, I went ahead and installed the trailer brake controller update and an ABS module update. I was hoping to get those OTA, but no reason to wait if I was plugged into the mothership directly.

Gateway Module files from the Ford cloud for my VIN. Again, the first substantial upgrade for a truck built recently.

Rectangle Font Circle Number Paper product

·
Registered
68 Posts
I might have stumbled on something related to the recent Christine-like behavior of the truck? If not, it's just a strange coincidence?

But suddenly yesterday a Gateway Module update became available and it's the first update of substance since it left the assembly line.
The Gateway module is exactly what its name implies. In my opinion it is the most crucial component for this whole brave new world where the manufacturer brings the traditional dealership service bay TO the truck!

It was 153 megabytes of code. Rumors are that it is preparing the truck for the next round of advanced updates via OTA. (like lane changing being added to the hands-free driving. Scalable Android Auto and Carplay. Alexa for 2021 trucks. Etc)

The widget on my phone is reporting that my hood is up.

View attachment 182016

That'd be accurate since it spent the night on my porch.

View attachment 182017

Since I plugged the new truck into FDRS for the first time, I went ahead and installed the trailer brake controller update and an ABS module update. I was hoping to get those OTA, but no reason to wait if I was plugged into the mothership directly.

Gateway Module files from the Ford cloud for my VIN. Again, the first substantial upgrade for a truck built recently.

View attachment 182018
You need to open your own service shop exclusively for installing these Ford updates and make some good money on the side...maybe use the money for your next vehicle purchase...;)

·
Registered
757 Posts
Took a while for our Canadian neighbor-manufacturer to get them in stock for the rear mat that accommodates the optional underseat foldable storage, but they just notified me they have them. And free shipping!

Will be my first time using something other than Husky or Weathertech, but these folks raise the bar on coverage.

View attachment 181809

View attachment 181810

View attachment 181811
Those are nice and what I was looking for back in 2018. I may have to replace the huskies.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
14,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #868 ·
You need to open your own service shop exclusively for installing these Ford updates and make some good money on the side...maybe use the money for your next vehicle purchase...;)
I'm a lousy business man. So it would have to be a non-profit. 😉

Anyone who would brave their truck into my barn would have open access to my service bay, and I would walk them through it.
If they insist that it's me sitting in their truck? Then they better be ready to play with 3 or 4 little urchins who know Pawpaw just went to the barn. 🤣

Honestly, I don't know what all the fuss is at the dealerships. Do they just not know how to read the directions? Lol

·
Premium Member
14,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #869 ·
Those are nice and what I was looking for back in 2018. I may have to replace the huskies.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
They shipped a few days after ordering and they have yet to arrive. So you will need to be not-Amazon patient. Lol

I hope they look as nice in person as the photos.
You know I'll be sharing.

·
Premium Member
14,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #870 ·
I've run into a quandary that I'm frankly puzzled about. It doesn't make logical sense to me. Maybe one of you guys can point me where to put my efforts?

I've had my Ngauge for quite a few years and although it has been discontinued, it works perfectly as it ever has as a 6-Pid monitoring device. That did surprise me a bit when I first attached it to a 2021 Powerboost since the pcm could have been a problem and the Ngauge hasn't had any new firmware development for a long time in technology time.

So imagine my surprise when I discovered that the software apps designed to monitor pids can't even match the Ngauge on a Gen14?

For the life of me I can't find anything like OAR or Learned Octane. I can't even find a functional oil pressure pid. I've tried using Forscan Lite, Torque Pro, and Odblink. I do get some things Powerboost related that the Ngauge can't see since it stopped development before the Powerboost was a reality. (Hybrid battery related pids)

If pricing wasn't an obstacle, are there any hardware/software platforms that might have the flexibility to match what the Ngauge could and still can do to this day with the current trucks? Or is it possible to find information related to the pid that the Ngauge obviously is successfully reading on the 2022 pcm that none of the cheap apps can discover?

·
Premium Member
14,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #871 ·
Coverage is definitely expanded.
Man would it be nice if they made them in boot brown. 😉

Husky for comparison

Motor vehicle Automotive design Auto part Vehicle Public transport

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Car Automotive exterior

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Plant Automotive design Vehicle

They were rolled up to fit in the container, so they will likely lay down a little flatter as they get some relaxing heat?
There's also a couple of bags of clips if you really want to tuck them in tightly.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Man would it be nice if they made them in boot brown. 😉

Husky for comparison

View attachment 182074

View attachment 182075

View attachment 182076

They were rolled up to fit in the container, so they will likely lay down a little flatter as they get some relaxing heat?
There's also a couple of bags of clips if you really want to tuck them in tightly.

They look great! I've got the weather tech and the fit isn't good, and the material kinda sucks. Wish they had those for the 13's!

·
Premium Member
14,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #873 ·
I have now had just about everything I have seen available for my truck(s) and for my climate I really liked the soft rubber Huskys. But it's hard to argue with the coverage on these.
I'm guessing that being Canadian they aren't fragile?

I did see a video where a fella up there removed them from his wife's vehicle after a year and the carpet was immaculate and the tops cleaned back up nicely. He mentioned they kept an old bathroom towel around to soak up the melted snow water because it can't get through. He points out that's a good thing. :)

·
Premium Member
7,141 Posts
They look great! I've got the weather tech and the fit isn't good, and the material kinda sucks. Wish they had those for the 13's!
I have the weathertech full floor coverage mats and they fit great !

Reactions: Boatwaco and Gord0

·
Premium Member
14,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #876 ·
You probably have perfect concrete driveway and your boots are never muddy?
I admit that other than the driver's floor mat I don't get much of a mess in the truck, but my footwell is a depository of daily debris.

·
Moderstrator
4,498 Posts
Bruce, The only time I wear boots these days is when I'm blowing snow. My feet/ankles haven't come back from surgery well and even the most comfortable of boots no longer are. In fact, I don't own a pair of cowboy boots anymore. I wear loose slip-ons most of the time and yeah, I've got a ton of concrete driveway.

I know, I know there are those that will tell me there is no more comfortable footwear than the right boot. Problem is unless I went with a custom boot, they no longer fit the shape of my sliced and diced bones.

Having said all that the biggest issue I have with getting floor mats dirty is "Goofy Cat" (that's his name, he was supposed to be a female) and his fur in the garage.

·
Premium Member
14,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #878 ·
Honestly, I don't know if a cowboy boot is any more comfortable than crocks. I haven't had feeling in my feet since 1981. :)

But I do know they make it easier for me to walk with stability. Like a splint would if you broke your leg.

However, both my boots and my crocks track muck into the truck. Lol

Sorry to hear that recovery is so slow. Getting old is brutal.

·
Moderstrator
1,913 Posts
My needs must be simple but I've had zero issues with the OE matts.
Me either - the original set and a set of barely used mats I bought from a fellow forum member are in storage and causing zero issues.
My personalized mats, carpeted, do very well in the truck protecting the original carpet flooring.
A vacuum or two or three weekly and a steam cleaning every few month - viola!
But we don’t get snow or rain so no mud…

I did look at the Tuxmat after snake posted about them - way cool. If I could get them with red accent piping on the edge to match my interior I would try ‘em.

·
Registered
2019 f150 3.5 ecoboost crew cab 4x4 heavy tow package fx4 6.5' bed highly modified
6,590 Posts
Man would it be nice if they made them in boot brown.

Husky for comparison

View attachment 182074

View attachment 182075

View attachment 182076

I like those a lot! Just got on the email list to be notified when back in stock for my truck.

861 - 880 of 888 Posts