F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
321 - 340 of 1,145 Posts
Discussion starter · #321 ·
Ordering this truck and I totally blame @meaz93
I love this current truck but I want that Active Suspension And Onboard Scales And Smart Hitch. And if I'm going through the trouble, I want the 6.5 Bed and Tow mirrors too.

Nobody can tell me how long it will take to arrive. But I'm ok with that.

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Vehicle Land vehicle

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Vehicle

Vehicle Automotive parking light Car Automotive tire Hood

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Head restraint

Car Motor vehicle Vehicle Speedometer Automotive navigation system

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Land vehicle Vehicle

Discussion starter · #323 ·
Lol
I'm just practicing what to say to my oldest daughter. This will just drive her up the wall.

She's one of those that think cars are just transportation. [emoji848][emoji2957][emoji2957]

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Discussion starter · #325 ·
Thanks!
I left off the Panoramic roof to gain the 64lbs of Payload. Lol

My last 2 trucks have it, and I never had any issues with them, but I have to admit that I almost always have the screen drawn, so rarely enjoyed it. I'm trying to hang on to ~1500lbs of Payload and my current truck would be over that without the panoramic. Also the CCD suspension isn't compatible with FX4 package, so I hope I gain a few pounds? Of course it could be a wash or even go against me. I don't know yet

Ordering this truck and I totally blame @meaz93
I love this current truck but I want that Active Suspension And Onboard Scales And Smart Hitch. And if I'm going through the trouble, I want the 6.5 Bed and Tow mirrors too.

Nobody can tell me how long it will take to arrive. But I'm ok with that.

View attachment 174928

View attachment 174930

View attachment 174934

View attachment 174935

View attachment 174929

View attachment 174933

View attachment 174932
I would like to take full responsibility in motivating Snake!-lol
That will be one SWEET PowerBoost.[emoji106]
Cartoon Font Publication Fictional character Poster

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Discussion starter · #327 ·
I knew you would be accountable!

A man who owns up.

Discussion starter · #329 ·
Thanks Ryan for visiting the new Powerboost forum! :)

So what do I need to learn to get the courage to call this new 2021 3.5 Ecoboost a "Gen 3"? [emoji41]

I know some of you gurus have referred to it that way, but if I caught flac for doing the same I would need a couple of things to defend the label. These water diverters are one?

Thanks Ryan for visiting the new Powerboost forum! :)

So what do I need to learn to get the courage to call this new 2021 3.5 Ecoboost a "Gen 3"? [emoji41]

I know some of you gurus have referred to it that way, but if I caught flac for doing the same I would need a couple of things to defend the label. These water diverters are one?

They are one for sure.

4 Knock sensors not two.

Raised compression it appears to 10.5:1 (only different in the raptor. Gen2 raptor is 10.0:1 while all other gen2’s are 10.5:1. Picture shows raptor piston from a gen2 in the center hole while the Gen3 is the other to the right.)

Updated oiling to the timing chain tensioners, and updated tensioners, guides, phasers (gen2 and 3 phasers now are all the same).

Heads are the same, but they have smaller DI injectors and hpfp moved to the driver side head like a Gen1. Other than that heads are the same as a gen2.

Turbos are definitely different but manifolds appear the same.

Same crank and cam specs

More to come…..[emoji6]

Some pics the dirty block is gen2 and newer one is the Gen3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Discussion starter · #331 ·
OK, that's definitely enough changes to warrant the designation. Maybe could be argued a "refinement" of Gen2? :)

Gen2.5 technically?

Regardless, man would it be wonderful to get a couple of years down the road and cold start clack is either rare or unheard of! Fingers crossed. Because honestly, the Gen2 Ecoboost would be viewed so differently without that. Ford otherwise built a great 2nd generation 3.5 Ecoboost.

OK, that's definitely enough changes to warrant the designation. Maybe could be argued a "refinement" of Gen2? :)

Gen2.5 technically?

Regardless, man would it be wonderful to get a couple of years down the road and cold start clack is either rare or unheard of! Fingers crossed. Because honestly, the Gen2 Ecoboost would be viewed so differently without that. Ford otherwise built a great 2nd generation 3.5 Ecoboost.

We do have cam phasers with zero clacks. Hundreds sold, zero issues and several hundred thousand miles on them. Just saying. They aren’t cheap but they work. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Discussion starter · #333 · (Edited)
My new truck order becomes official on the 13th. (Although that seems weird to be a Saturday)

I already made the only change I think I am going to make, other than possibly the color.

(I dropped the factory spray in bed liner because it will hit my Payload tag for FORTY FIVE pounds! I admit that I will still be getting a spray in liner aftermarket, thus be reducing the same Payload, but not on the sticker. [emoji6])

So currently I am still pondering between what I call those peekaboo colors..... . The colors that look black in less than direct sunlight.

They all look like this normally on the 2-tone KingRanch:
Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Automotive side marker light Car

But when the light hits them right, they look like:

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Land vehicle Automotive side marker light

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Automotive side marker light Car

Tire Automotive tail & brake light Wheel Vehicle Automotive parking light

The emerald green is NOT available on the 2-tone KingRanch unless I am willing to get chrome jewelry everywhere. Bummer!

And then the last choice that I would consider is the Classic KingRanch

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Car

I can never completely ignore the classic.

Currently I am configured for the Kodiak Brown above. I think I would be happy with any of the Peekaboos though.

@snakebitten, my wife chose Rapid Red for her Exploder and why shouldn't she, it's hers? She is the primary driver. I talked until I was blue in the face for her to stick with white. She assured me that she'd help keep the red clean. I knew at the time that was nothing more than blowing smoke. I love the look of the red and one of us keeps it clean. :cautious: That said, I'd buy white again in a blink.

321 - 340 of 1,145 Posts