F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
10,159 Posts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I actually think the Ecoboost could handle 85 no problem. 87/88 still keeps me on the negative side of 0 KR, and the lower the KR drops the lower power the PCM allows so I think it would stay safe.

Would I do it, no, but I think it would be totally fine other than probably being a turd.

·
Premium Member
2022 Powergrid KingRanch in Sparkle White
14,668 Posts
I live at sea level.
I get a bad feeling at WOT with low octane. 85 would make me not enjoy driving around while I stare at KR with a weary eye. 🤣

·
Registered
10,159 Posts
I live at sea level.
I get a bad feeling at WOT with low octane. 85 would make me not enjoy driving around while I stare at KR with a weary eye. 🤣
WOT on 85 is not the same as WOT on 93 though. Boost and timing are both reduced. Your effectively changing the compression ratio of the engine with less boost.

·
Premium Member
2022 Powergrid KingRanch in Sparkle White
14,668 Posts
WOT on 85 is not the same as WOT on 93 though. Boost and timing are both reduced. Your effectively changing the compression ratio of the engine with less boost.
No, I realize the safeties are there. And I'm sure it's all very sophisticated and does what it's supposed to.
Still, it makes me queasy to force the truck to dial back everything sufficiently to accommodate fuel that's NOT recommended.

It's just the way I'm wired. I like headroom!
I want it available even if I don't use it.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts