F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
To ricer for my taste. The outer ring is over the top IMO. Nice mod job though.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Looks like a great retrofit idea!

Does the outer LED have white as a color choice? That's the only way I would run them.....

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Looks like a great retrofit idea!

Does the outer LED have white as a color choice? That's the only way I would run them.....
No man. You have to run them based on the upcoming holiday. Green for St. Patrick's day, Christmas colors, Urnge for Halloween, Pink for breast-cancer awareness month..... My halos for my retrofit will be switchable like that and I'll have mine showing all shades of Oxford White when they aren't off.:p

I do like how clean this install looks.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
I would've gone with two sr-m's in each head, but other than that I love it!

Just really not a fan of Prestige. I know a guy who has their 20" bar and a set of the normal dually floods, and the floods destroy their bare when it comes to output.

IMG_0986.JPG

You should throw some switchbacks in the turn buckets to finish them off. Keep up the good work!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i had switchbacks and i went with the 164 led ambers... and my 20" bar is identical to rigid bar... ive compared with many in mid florida jeep club.... and they are the exact same as digi diodes, OLB bars and KC bars... and these 6 led cubes are 100x brighter than the stock headlight output..
no way will i ever pay for those outrageous prices, esp since im not participating in the baja 1000

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
You're right in that they are similar, but the optics on the rigid lights is what makes the difference. Presticge bars tend to scatter the light instead of focus it.

I'm not trying to knock you for going with prestige, but you should know that they are not the same.

Reactions: VolForLife

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
they are the exact same as rigid until they came out with there brand new optics just recently... i know bcus ive taken both apart.... and prestige now has bars with the new optics bcus aurora makes the new optics

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
they are the exact same as rigid until they came out with there brand new optics just recently... i know bcus ive taken both apart.... and prestige now has bars with the new optics bcus aurora makes the new optics
BAAAAAAAANNNHHHHHH......I'm no Rigid cheerleader, nor do I own any, but that is simply wrong man. If they are traditional forward firing LED's (Rigid, KC, Vision-X, etc)...Rigid's optics have very solid design and utility patents that can't be legally copied. If someone HAS copied them, they better have Jackie Chiles on speed dial to lawyer up b/c Rigid will shut them down with a vengeance.

That being said, there ARE quality brands of this style of LED bar, that are literally 90% of the lux output as Rigid, at 60-70% of the price. Buyer's choice....:cool:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
these light have more output than rigids light except for the hyperspot bar... and like i said aurora is right behind them... you need to to dome research before you make the comments... Rigid builds a great bar and its made in the USA whereas almost all other companies are not. The industry is moving towards all the other companies because people are getting just as high quality bars at half the price with the same or more light output. I dont work for prestigeLeds but i do showcase their products amongst a few other vehicles and they have been to SEMA on pink1 (not led bars). i will put my prestige bars up against rigid or any other company all day long with confidence in equal or better light output.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
I recognize your truck from the Facebook forum, so I'm sure you know Zachary Pope and his truck.

He has good quality pictures that clearly shows a set of relatively cheap Rigid Dually floods putting his 20" prestige bar to shame.

I would try and upload the pictures, but I'm currently offshore of Pointe Noire in Africa. The internet royally sucks.. :/

Reactions: VolForLife

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
these light have more output than rigids light except for the hyperspot bar... and like i said aurora is right behind them... you need to to dome research before you make the comments... Rigid builds a great bar and its made in the USA whereas almost all other companies are not. The industry is moving towards all the other companies because people are getting just as high quality bars at half the price with the same or more light output. I dont work for prestigeLeds but i do showcase their products amongst a few other vehicles and they have been to SEMA on pink1 (not led bars). i will put my prestige bars up against rigid or any other company all day long with confidence in equal or better light output.
Dude....I'm gonna make this my last post on this thread because I don't wanna turn YOUR thread into an arguing thread, as that is just plain rude. I respect that you did your own mods, and that you're happy with your brand of choice. Plus, as I just stated, it is your thread.

And FYI....I work with SEMA manufacturers...that's how I make my living...the mall crawlers that are used for show vehicles at what used to be, and is still supposed to be an actual INDUSTRY TRADE show (not a "car" show) do not impress me. I've been doing this a long time. I have BEEN to China, Taiwan, Korea, and Japan, and seen the factories where this stuff is made...and I HAVE done my research. I have more knowledge of who buys what where than I would ever post on a public forum, in the interest of tact and fair play. And I could be mistaken, but I would be willing to wager that I have more years of experience doing this than yourself.

As far as "Made in USA", that's a nice flag to wave, but doesn't always mean much...especially in the world of electronics. For instance, people always throw out "Cree LED" as "the best" ...and arguably, that can be true....but Cree themselves has LED manufacturing plants in many countries, including the US and China.

So for future reference, before you make an assumption that a person has NOT done their research, you might want to see if they actually have. Maybe that person has information that you actually don't have yourself. :cool:

And again, I'm not a cheerleader for a particular brand (I do have my personal favorites as we all do), nor am I a hater of Prestige or Rigid. What I DO despise, is the cheap JUNK that is being imported in pretty boxes of well-known SEMA companies that do not make their living primarily in the the lighting segment, but yet pass this poor quality stuff on to some poor brand loyal guy that believes the stuff is "just as good as" (insert brand name here).

Peace!

Reactions: Polch525

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
I recognize your truck from the Facebook forum, so I'm sure you know Zachary Pope and his truck.

He has good quality pictures that clearly shows a set of relatively cheap Rigid Dually floods putting his 20" prestige bar to shame.

I would try and upload the pictures, but I'm currently offshore of Pointe Noire in Africa. The internet royally sucks.. :/
Pinero, I don't think the OP actually understands LUX and how it's measured. It's always a tell-tale sign when someone uses a term like "brighter" or "better" light output without any data. It's like saying "best" tune with no data logging.....:rolleyes:

Reactions: Pinero61

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
I have no opinions other than... those lights look sweet dude! I do enjoy nasty's idea of seasonal colors ;-)

KCCO!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
when you put a light meter in front of two different lights and one reads higher then the other for lumens then it is safe to say that the light with the more lumens is brighter than the other.... we can go back and forth all day long
and pinero you cant compare the picture with the different beam patters... i can take pics where my 20 looks brighter then my duallys and vice versa... i can take pics where my 40 looks less bright then my 20 but its not...
theres no reason to hate on the china bars from any of the companies as they provide competition which leads to inovation and their products are equal to the us companies at a lower cost...

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
We're not saying they aren't any brighter than one another (lumens).

What we are saying is that if you take two 4 LED cubes, one rigid and one Chinese, then measure the LUX at ten meters. The rigid will blow them out of the water due to superior optics. It's hard to make on cree LED that much brighter than another one, optics is the point we're stressing.

You cannot go by lumens, which are measured directly at the diode. I work with electronics on a daily basis (Electronic/PLC tech.), and Vol deals with many of the aftermarket companies in his profession. We have most certainly done our research.

And, pictures can be revealing to a certain degree, though they do not capture everything.

Anyway, I did not come here to argue, the retro looks great. Keep up the good mods, I'd love to see your truck pass up mine (mod's wise).

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
For the record, my KC 30" bar was made in China, My HIDs are Taiwan, and the rest of my lights are U.S. There is good quality Chinese stuff out there, it's just buyer beware.

Point is, I hate it too, but for now there is no legal work around for those Rigid optics, which is what is pushing these other companies to the next level of technology.

No one is baggin on your choice of brands. It sounds like from what you have told us and looked into yourself, that you have some nice quality stuff!

When you get a chance, read up on the differences between lumens, lux, and candela...that might help understand what we are saying about RIGID's optics. I don't run any Rigid and have no plans to...but if you actually read up on their optics patents, and understand how useable light is measured at a distance (not lumens) you'll see what we mean. "Brighter" at the source (lumens), or looking into the light (color temp) does not equate to what your eye can pick up from behind the light source at a distance. That is lux, and rigid has a 10% advantage over even the best competitors in traditional forward firing LEDs, even mine and yours.

Believe me, we've had this same round a 'bout on good HiDs vs good LED :0). My apologies for making another post, I think we are both just trying to help clarify the above. Have a good one man!

Sent from my HAL9000 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Pinero61

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
I don't know about everyone else but I've actually learned a lot on this thread.

KCCO!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts