F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just bought a 2015 F-150 2.7 super cab 4x4 sport with a 6.5 bed. The problems I'm having is the oil pan is leaking, the truck shakes at highway speeds (65 mph +), and I took it to get the locks replaced and now the door panel is coming off. I took it in to get the oil pan replaced and the truck is still leaking. I have sent photos, messages, and called with no new appointment set to have these problems to be taken care of. Is there someone I can contact besides the local dealer that will help get these problems solved once and for all? The truck only has 59,000 miles on it and I am trying to get it all fixed as it is still under powertrain warranty.

·
Registered
2013 Ford F150 XLT 3.5 Ecobeast SuperCrew 4X4
1,330 Posts
Why were the locks replaced ? We are a curious bunch.
Maybe it needs alignment or 1 or more tires is out of balance.
Google how to remove the door panels and you will see how to get it buttoned up.
Oil pan leakage is a well documented issue on the 2.7 Ecoboost.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Just select “contact ford” on the ford website if dealer is giving you the run around. Hope the guys doing the locks didn’t break any door panel hooks. Super easy to open up the f150 door panels but a little tricky to pop back on right. Had my 17 yr old daughter do it right so can’t see why a mechanic would have a problem. I would check the bearings on the wheels yourself just to be sure. 5 mins and a jack is all it takes.

·
Registered
734 Posts
FYI - Any repairs done are covered for (if I remember correctly) 24 months/Unlimited miles. So if they come back in that time it will be covered.

This happened back in 2013:
Ford is increasing coverage on Genuine Ford and Motorcraft replacement parts to 24 months from the date of installation.
Under the new policy, which replaces Ford's 12-month/12,000-mile warranty, Ford will pay:

- For the replacement part and all labor charges if the repair is done at a Ford or Lincoln dealership.

- The towing bill if a part under warranty fails and the customer has the vehicle towed to a Ford or Lincoln dealership for repairs.

- As much as $150 in labor costs for regular wear items such as batteries, starters and alternators for repairs done at independent repair shops with parts bought at Ford and Lincoln dealerships and authorized parts distributors. The labor reimbursement also covers fleet operators, such as Hertz Global Holdings.

The parts replacement warranty covers repairs done at independent repair shops, at fleet operators and by individuals who buy parts over the counter.[\quote]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts